Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher impeller location

I posted a couple of weeks back before my holiday.
"Bl**dy dishwasher"

Siemens SE64630GB/7 not cleaning, top spray arm not moving.

I've got the dishwasher side panels off and have removed the water
distributor as it looked blocked at the top...

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/...20&model=64630

difficult to clean it and difficult to tell if it is just discoloured.

The group's consensus was it may be a broken impeller.

My question is how do I get to it?
I have both side panels off and can see the motor on the right side.
Do I get to it from the bottom or even inside the unit?

--

blackbat /\x/\
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/...1&query=64630%....

difficult to clean it and difficult to tell if it is just discoloured.

The group's consensus was it may be a broken impeller.

My question is how do I get to it?
I have both side panels off and can see the motor on the right side.
Do I get to it from the bottom or even inside the unit?

Hi,

Try the forum on 'UKWhiteGoods' (google).

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 2 May 2008 08:54:31 -0700 (PDT), Pete C
wrote:

Try the forum on 'UKWhiteGoods' (google).

Have done - ta.
--

blackbat /\x/\
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 May 2008 17:48:52 +0000, Stephen Howard
wrote:

It's not so hard to clean these units, just fiddly.
Pour some neat bleach into it ( you might need to block one or two of
the outlets with a cork etc. ) followed by a little hot water - then
give the thing a damn good shake.
I also use a three foot length of flexible tubing, which I poke down
to bore of the unit and blow air through.
Takes about half an hour to clean it all out.
There should be a little float valve in one corner...I find the air
tube is ideal for clearing the crud out of this.

Do you think it could be the cause of my problems?
--

blackbat /\x/\
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 May 2008 16:00:21 +0100, blackbat
wrote:

[...]

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

It's not so hard to clean these units, just fiddly.
Pour some neat bleach into it ( you might need to block one or two of
the outlets with a cork etc. ) followed by a little hot water - then
give the thing a damn good shake.
I also use a three foot length of flexible tubing, which I poke down
to bore of the unit and blow air through.
Takes about half an hour to clean it all out.
There should be a little float valve in one corner...I find the air
tube is ideal for clearing the crud out of this.

Do you think it could be the cause of my problems?

It's possible - but a lack of water getting into the machine is more
likely to be caused by crud in the valve that the water distributor
plugs into.
If you look at the connections coming off the bottom of the
distributor you'll see that one or two of them go directly into a
rather complicated plastic gizmo....which has a various small chambers
and assorted sticky-up bits....plus a couple of wires connected to a
microswitch.
I always remove and dismantle this unit when cleaning out the
distributor ( it clips together...though it's often a bit
Heath-Robinson...so take a piccy or do a sketch of it first, just in
case ). Make sure the valves are free to move.
With this valve removed you'll have access to the waste pipe that
comes directly out of the machine's drain ( which by now will have
emptied all its vile water over your kitchen floor....a couple of
pints at best ). Use whatever you can to clean this pipe out...a
bottle brush is best.

None of this might be the reason for your problem, but it's a free fix
- so you might as well give it a go on the off-chance it'll save you
buying any replacement parts.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 May 2008 00:09:40 +0000, Stephen Howard
wrote:

None of this might be the reason for your problem, but it's a free fix
- so you might as well give it a go on the off-chance it'll save you
buying any replacement parts.

Cheers for the reply.
I managed to clean the fill matrix out with bleach and hot water. The
gizmo you're talking about doesn't look too bad but the corrugated
pipe coming away from it was full of junk.
Unfortunately after reassembling everything there's a nasty leak
coming from god knows where. It's impossible to see enough in the
bottom tray to diagnose. Annoying 'cos I think I might have cleared
the original problem.
--

blackbat /\x/\
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 3 May 2008 17:18:35 UTC, blackbat
wrote:

Unfortunately after reassembling everything there's a nasty leak
coming from god knows where. It's impossible to see enough in the
bottom tray to diagnose. Annoying 'cos I think I might have cleared
the original problem.

In your case, the pipes at the bottom fit into the matrix via a short
rubber sleeve. The sleeve has a ridge inside that engages with a slot
round the spigot on the end of the pipe. Make sure the pipes are pushed
well in until that engages.
http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

None of this might be the reason for your problem, but it's a free fix
- so you might as well give it a go on the off-chance it'll save you
buying any replacement parts.

Cheers for the reply.
I managed to clean the fill matrix out with bleach and hot water. The
gizmo you're talking about doesn't look too bad but the corrugated
pipe coming away from it was full of junk.
Unfortunately after reassembling everything there's a nasty leak
coming from god knows where. It's impossible to see enough in the
bottom tray to diagnose. Annoying 'cos I think I might have cleared
the original problem.

If the leak wasn't there before then it's a fair bet that one of the
pipes into the distributor or the valve is leaking.
They're usually held on with sprung wire clips...though on some
machines the dis.matrix plugs into a couple of sockets that are sealed
with rubber grommets.

You should be able to see any leaks from the matrix connections.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 May 2008 21:38:51 +0000, Stephen Howard
wrote:

If the leak wasn't there before then it's a fair bet that one of the
pipes into the distributor or the valve is leaking.

I agree, but I couldn't see it leaking from the matrix.
Can't see a leak source anywhere so am considering taking the cavity
off. I think I may have loosened something near the motor when I was
trying to get that out to check the impeller blades.
It's so frustrating knowing it's prob an easy fix but I just can't get
to it.

--

blackbat /\x/\

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3 May 2008 21:24:28 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

In your case, the pipes at the bottom fit into the matrix via a short
rubber sleeve. The sleeve has a ridge inside that engages with a slot
round the spigot on the end of the pipe. Make sure the pipes are pushed
well in until that engages.

Hmmm, don't think the leak's there. I'll check once more though.
Thanks.
--

blackbat /\x/\