Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Rob is offline

Default Gas Valve

Need a Gas Valve for Ideal Concord 130 Series 2
GC4139911 They seem scarce ! Anyone with a pointer ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rob writes:
Need a Gas Valve for Ideal Concord 130 Series 2
GC4139911 They seem scarce ! Anyone with a pointer ?

The other way to look for one is to identify the manufacturer
(such as Honeywell) and the part number, and look for that.
Look to see what's written on the current part.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 May 2008 12:55:01 +0100, Rob wrote:

Need a Gas Valve for Ideal Concord 130 Series 2 GC4139911 They seem
scarce ! Anyone with a pointer ?

This appliance is very old.
If you were told it was scarce by a boiler spares shop then I would take
that as the truth. If you were told that by BG or any other large service
company the I would try a spares shop you might be in luck.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
Rob writes:
Need a Gas Valve for Ideal Concord 130 Series 2
GC4139911 They seem scarce ! Anyone with a pointer ?

The other way to look for one is to identify the manufacturer
(such as Honeywell) and the part number, and look for that.
Look to see what's written on the current part.

Any multifunction control valve with a conventional thermocouple will do.
It may need a bit of cutting and adjusting of pipe to get it in.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 May 2008 19:42:58 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Any multifunction control valve with a conventional thermocouple will
do. It may need a bit of cutting and adjusting of pipe to get it in.

and that will make it illegal

--
John Stumbles

Question Authority

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Rob is offline

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Thu, 01 May 2008 12:55:01 +0100, Rob wrote:

Need a Gas Valve for Ideal Concord 130 Series 2 GC4139911 They seem
scarce ! Anyone with a pointer ?

This appliance is very old.
If you were told it was scarce by a boiler spares shop then I would take
that as the truth. If you were told that by BG or any other large service
company the I would try a spares shop you might be in luck.

Yes it is old and both BG and the the Spares shops r saying
its a problem. Tks for ur replies

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 May 2008 19:42:58 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Any multifunction control valve with a conventional thermocouple will
do. It may need a bit of cutting and adjusting of pipe to get it in.

and that will make it illegal

Since When? I used to do it all the time with imported American Forced air
units. Cheaper and quicker to put a Honeywell multifunction valve on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Doctor Drivel
writes

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 May 2008 19:42:58 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Any multifunction control valve with a conventional thermocouple will
do. It may need a bit of cutting and adjusting of pipe to get it in.

and that will make it illegal

Since When? I used to do it all the time with imported American Forced
air units. Cheaper and quicker to put a Honeywell multifunction valve
on.

Hey, dIMM's back on form again

I was beginning to get a bit worried

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 May 2008 23:00:14 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 May 2008 19:42:58 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Any multifunction control valve with a conventional thermocouple will
do. It may need a bit of cutting and adjusting of pipe to get it in.

and that will make it illegal

Since When?

At least 1994 and probably earlier.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-05-02 23:00:14 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 May 2008 19:42:58 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Any multifunction control valve with a conventional thermocouple will
do. It may need a bit of cutting and adjusting of pipe to get it in.

and that will make it illegal

Since When? I used to do it all the time with imported American Forced
air units. Cheaper and quicker to put a Honeywell multifunction valve
on.

Were these the ones that you put into Ronan Point?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/05/2008 12:55 Rob wrote:

Need a Gas Valve for Ideal Concord 130 Series 2
GC4139911 They seem scarce ! Anyone with a pointer ?

http://www.europeanspares.com/ might be worth a look.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Doctor Drivel
writes

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 May 2008 19:42:58 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Any multifunction control valve with a conventional thermocouple will
do. It may need a bit of cutting and adjusting of pipe to get it in.

and that will make it illegal

Since When? I used to do it all the time with imported American Forced
air units. Cheaper and quicker to put a Honeywell multifunction valve on.

Hey, dIMM's back on form again

I was beginning to get a bit worried

Maxie, you have been on the pop again! All that Paddy band music has gone
to your head. Maxie, you need week back in Butlins. Yes, Maxie that is
what you need.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Fri, 02 May 2008 23:00:14 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 May 2008 19:42:58 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Any multifunction control valve with a conventional thermocouple will
do. It may need a bit of cutting and adjusting of pipe to get it in.

and that will make it illegal

Since When?

At least 1994 and probably earlier.

What exactly is illegal?