Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Garden sheds and planning permission

I'm planning to build a garden shed / playhouse in my back garden.
It will be 3.6 meters by 2.4 meters by 2.4 Meters (WxDxH)

It will not be visible from road and will not cast a shadow over any
part of my neighbour's property.
It will be constructed of timber and roofing felt, with exterior grade
acrylic for the windows.

Will I need planning pemission?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 29, 1:03*pm, wrote:
I'm planning to build a garden shed / playhouse in my back garden.
It will be 3.6 meters by 2.4 meters by 2.4 Meters *(WxDxH)

It will not be visible from road and will not cast a shadow over any
part of my neighbour's property.
It will be constructed of timber and roofing felt, with exterior grade
acrylic for the windows.

Will I need planning pemission?

The planning department at your local council are best placed to
answer that. Or you could look at http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/eng...315233173.html

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"EricP" wrote

You will have to ring them and ask.

Alternatively some councils have a "Do I need Planning Permission" enquiry
form.
This is free to submit and then you have a decision in black and white
should anyone complain.

Phil