Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Handling a stack pipe

My plastic stack pipe is in the inside corner of my house. The base is
set in the foundations and the top in a terminal in the roof tiles.

I want to do some fairly cheap and simple work involving installing a
new toilet connector for it. The problem is that to close the pipe I
have to lift it the couple of inches to drop it into the collar on the
connector.

As I can't go on the roof to fight with the terminal, this means that
I have to employ somebody to do the 5 minutes work freeing and then
reseating the terminal on the roof. This will cost and as it's a
corner, could involve scaffolding!

Has anyone seen or could direct me to a collar that either slip fits
or wraps around and is tightened up?

Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not got one in front of me.....but straight connecters have two
rectangler "stops" in the inside of the pipe that can be knocked off
to make a slip connecter.Branchs are most likely the same.Treat
yourself to a can of silicone spray makes fitting so much easier
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thinking about it, just get a straight connector,(£3ish)and a branch
with sockets at each end.The bit of pipe you cut out for the branch
can then be used to connected from the branch to the existing soil
pipe with the slip coupling.It would be really awkward (if posssible)
to slide a bracnh to form a coupling.

Leak at base of soil pipe/stack Arthur 51 UK diy 0 April 21st 08 11:20 AM
supporting stack pipe up a wall? George Home Repair 4 February 18th 08 02:11 PM
Overcoming Condensation on Internal Stack Pipe Graham UK diy 1 January 17th 08 12:59 PM
Toilet stack pipe Andy Morrison UK diy 2 August 28th 05 01:14 PM
Soil stack pipe question Bob Minchin UK diy 2 February 19th 05 08:14 PM