Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which kind of deck treatment?

Hi Folks,

As summer is approaching (Hopefully it will fall over a weekend this
year) it is time to treat my deck.

We have just moved into the house (November) and the deck was a mess.
Black slimy mold covered it all. After much cleaning with deck
cleaner
and a pressure washer, it is now clean.
However, the wood is now raw. It's not damaged, just very dry and
bland looking.

I am in a quandary as which product to use.
No one can seem to give me a definitive answer in the pros and cons of
each.
There are three on the shelves: Deck Treatment, Deck Stain and Deck
Oil.

I am not interested in the stain. (I see it as only colouring. Am I
wrong?)

My first reaction is to use oil. No real reason though. Is this a wise
choice?
Only drawback I can see is the cost and the drying time. 1-2 days.

How about the "Treatment" What is it and why is it better / worse.
It dries in 1-2 hours.

Any advice would be welcome....

TIA.
Regards,
Crispin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks Dave.

Which kind of deck treatment. [email protected] Home Repair 1 April 16th 08 04:42 PM
DYI Deck Treatment vs. Services? gmark Home Repair 2 June 18th 07 09:15 PM
Best deck treatment dean Home Repair 7 April 21st 07 08:19 PM
Everwood / Petrawood Deck Treatment [email protected] Home Repair 7 April 16th 05 09:35 PM
New house has Cedar deck. Any special treatment? Is it as good as they say? [email protected] Home Repair 6 April 13th 05 02:20 PM