Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping: Ed Sirrett

You mentioned a couple of adhesives in a thread yesterday - CT1 and
FT101 - I see the latter is available at Screwfix, but can't see any
suppliers for CT1 - is it just a good local builders merchant you've
got, or a chain ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:21 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:

You mentioned a couple of adhesives in a thread yesterday - CT1 and
FT101 - I see the latter is available at Screwfix, but can't see any
suppliers for CT1 - is it just a good local builders merchant you've
got, or a chain ?

I have used both and AFAICT they are the same stuff. Namely a multi-resin
adhesive/sealant which has the best properties of both silicone and
acrylic based products.

I started using this when I went into my local PM and saw a paving slab
with a metal handle attached (contact area 2 off 20mm x 20mm) with the
stuff. You can reliably pick the paving slab (min 7kg) up with the
handle. They had also stuck a jar with water in it to the slab and a
variety of other bit and bobs.

I met the rep for CT1 by accident at the PM he says FT101 is not CT1 but
he would say that wouldn't he.

I'd say the stuff is as good as silicone or better but sticks wet things
together not just dry ones.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

is it just a good local builders merchant you've got, or a chain ?
I started using this when I went into my local PM

Thanks for the reply - I haven't had much chance to look around for it
yet, but i'm planning on picking up some FT101 when the new Screwfix
opens up in Huyton (nr Liverpool) tomorrow :-p - it's perfect timing
for sticking some tiles over a small gap at the end of the bath we
just had fitted !

I'm just having trouble locating a stockist for CT1 (and the contact
form on their website has failed to elicit a response)

ping: cw Ed Ahern Woodworking 3 June 6th 06 07:08 PM
Fly by night PING PING Shopdog Woodworking 6 May 18th 06 04:08 AM
OT Ping JT Ed Ahern Woodworking 10 February 14th 06 09:56 PM
Ping JJ Leon Woodworking 2 January 8th 06 04:34 AM
Ping DoN Wayne Cook Metalworking 20 December 22nd 04 05:59 AM