Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom lighting query.. zones and ip44

Is a mains lamp IP44 lamp like
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/68942/...scent-Tube-32W
really suitable for zone zero? I didn't think it was.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
Is a mains lamp IP44 lamp like
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/68942/...scent-Tube-32W
really suitable for zone zero? I didn't think it was.

Who says it is?

The listing says zones 1-3 when ceiling mounted.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
Is a mains lamp IP44 lamp like
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/68942/...scent-Tube-32W
really suitable for zone zero? I didn't think it was.

Who says it is?

The listing says zones 1-3 when ceiling mounted.

David

Sorry I meant zone one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

"Lobster" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
Is a mains lamp IP44 lamp like
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/68942/...scent-Tube-32W
really suitable for zone zero? I didn't think it was.

Who says it is?

The listing says zones 1-3 when ceiling mounted.

David

Sorry I meant zone one.

Well AFAIK the IPx4 rating means that by definition it's suitable for
zone 1, unless I'm mistaken?

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:

"Lobster" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
Is a mains lamp IP44 lamp like
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/68942/...scent-Tube-32W
really suitable for zone zero? I didn't think it was.

Who says it is?

The listing says zones 1-3 when ceiling mounted.

David

Sorry I meant zone one.

Well AFAIK the IPx4 rating means that by definition it's suitable for zone
1, unless I'm mistaken?

I think I read something that said it had to be IP65 for zone one but I am
not really sure.
The one I am replacing isn't IP anything but its half in zone one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

I think I read something that said it had to be IP65 for zone one but I
am not really sure.

The requirement is IPx4 for all equipment in zones 1 and 2, or IPx5 if
water jets will be used for cleaning [701.512.2, 17th ed.]. This does
not apply to shaver supply units to BS EN 61558-2-5 provided they're
mounted so that direct spray from a shower is unlikely.

In zone 0 it's IPx7 and zone 3 will shortly cease to exist.

30 mA RCD protection is required for all circuits of course, if you're
working to the 17th ed.

--
Andy

Bathroom zones / regs Colin Wilson UK diy 5 September 11th 07 09:18 PM
Bathroom Zones Sparks UK diy 23 September 14th 06 08:19 PM
Bathroom zones Troy UK diy 3 December 18th 04 09:34 PM
dimmer switches for multiple lighting zones Seamus Mc Loughlin UK diy 0 February 4th 04 05:42 PM
bathroom lighting - IP65? IP44? IP20? rob c UK diy 1 September 28th 03 04:46 PM