Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Wade Andy Wade is offline

Default Bathroom lighting query.. zones and ip44

dennis@home wrote:

I think I read something that said it had to be IP65 for zone one but I
am not really sure.

The requirement is IPx4 for all equipment in zones 1 and 2, or IPx5 if
water jets will be used for cleaning [701.512.2, 17th ed.]. This does
not apply to shaver supply units to BS EN 61558-2-5 provided they're
mounted so that direct spray from a shower is unlikely.

In zone 0 it's IPx7 and zone 3 will shortly cease to exist.

30 mA RCD protection is required for all circuits of course, if you're
working to the 17th ed.

--
Andy