Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Contacting Openreach re damage caused during works

This has come up on a forum I'm on (non dIY related). OT I guess, but
it's the sort of thing someone round here tends to know about

Short version. Telephone poles and cables being replaced, by what sounds
like was a contractor for BT Openreach. When a pole was being removed it
bashed into and damaged their wall.

now I've suggested trying to find out the contractors details if they
are still in the area and raising it with them first. But it seems they
ought to contact Openreach as well (or they might have to).

Does anyone know if they contact BT Retail (they are BT phone
customers, but given the separation of the businesses that shouldn't be
relevant)) will they likely get some sense out of someone and be able to
speak to someone relevant who can deal with a complaint? I can't find
any reference to phone numbers (or anything else useful) for such things
on the Openreach site

Thanks
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 01:04:45 +0100, chris French wrote:

Short version. Telephone poles and cables being replaced, by what sounds
like was a contractor for BT Openreach. When a pole was being removed it
bashed into and damaged their wall.

The new/replacement pole should have a notice pinned to it with details of
who to contact in case of complaint. If that particular one doesn't have a
look at other new/replacement ones in the area.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"chris French" wrote in message
[...]

The contractor will vary depending where in the UK you live.

In Kent it's McNicholas (Now Skanska).

Try starting here http://tinyurl.com/3zyysd

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , chris French
writes

Short version. Telephone poles and cables being replaced, by what sounds
like was a contractor for BT Openreach. When a pole was being removed it
bashed into and damaged their wall.

Try uk.telecom for chapter & verse
--
fred