Posted to uk.d-i-y
ajp ajp is offline

Default Steel roofing

The felt is going on the potting shed and I'm thinking of replacing it with
steel roofing.
The stuff from http://www.bbtroofing.co.uk/ looks pretty good.

Has anyone on this ng had any experience with them (or any other supplier)?

Alan
--
email =~ s/nospam/fudokai/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:34:28 +0100, ajp wrote:

The felt is going on the potting shed and I'm thinking of replacing it with
steel roofing.
The stuff from http://www.bbtroofing.co.uk/ looks pretty good.

Has anyone on this ng had any experience with them (or any other supplier)?

Alan

==================================
If you're based in Shropshire (like the company you've referenced) you
might get better prices from a less upmarket company - more suitable for a
pottng shed? David Broxton is such a company based in Telford -
Tel. 01952 677-567
I believe he only delivers locally - not nationally.

Cic.
--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 10, 5:34*pm, ajp wrote:
The felt is going on the potting shed and I'm thinking of replacing it with
steel roofing.
The stuff fromhttp://www.bbtroofing.co.uk/looks pretty good.

Has anyone on this ng had any experience with them (or any other supplier)?

Alan
--
email =~ s/nospam/fudokai/

Hi Have just done my third roofing project using cladco.co.uk
excellent service and the right price too
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ajp was thinking very hard :
The felt is going on the potting shed and I'm thinking of replacing it with
steel roofing.
The stuff from http://www.bbtroofing.co.uk/ looks pretty good.

Has anyone on this ng had any experience with them (or any other supplier)?

Alan

I used steel box profile 18 months ago for a large garage extension. It
looks a little better than the basic corrugated stuff. They suggest if
it is cut, the plating will then migrate to cover the cut edge, so no
rust. There is no visible rust where I cut it.

Disadvantage is that condensation will collect on the underside unless
insulated.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 10, 3:52*pm, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
ajp was thinking very hard :

The felt is going on the potting shed and I'm thinking of replacing it with
steelroofing.
The stuff fromhttp://www.bbtroofing.co.uk/looks pretty good.

Has anyone on this ng had any experience with them (or any other supplier)?

Alan

I used steel box profile 18 months ago for a large garage extension. It
looks a little better than the basic corrugated stuff. They suggest if
it is cut, the plating will then migrate to cover the cut edge, so no
rust. There is no visible rust where I cut it.

Disadvantage is that condensation will collect on the underside unless
insulated.

--
Regards,
* * * * Harry (M1BYT) (L)http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

ask this guy
Try www.therooftech.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 10, 3:52*pm, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
ajp was thinking very hard :

The felt is going on the potting shed and I'm thinking of replacing it with
steelroofing.
The stuff fromhttp://www.bbtroofing.co.uk/looks pretty good.

Has anyone on this ng had any experience with them (or any other supplier)?

Alan

I used steel box profile 18 months ago for a large garage extension. It
looks a little better than the basic corrugated stuff. They suggest if
it is cut, the plating will then migrate to cover the cut edge, so no
rust. There is no visible rust where I cut it.

Disadvantage is that condensation will collect on the underside unless
insulated.

--
Regards,
* * * * Harry (M1BYT) (L)http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

ask this guy
Try www.therooftech.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 10, 3:52*pm, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
ajp was thinking very hard :

The felt is going on the potting shed and I'm thinking of replacing it with
steelroofing.
The stuff fromhttp://www.bbtroofing.co.uk/looks pretty good.

Has anyone on this ng had any experience with them (or any other supplier)?

Alan

I used steel box profile 18 months ago for a large garage extension. It
looks a little better than the basic corrugated stuff. They suggest if
it is cut, the plating will then migrate to cover the cut edge, so no
rust. There is no visible rust where I cut it.

Disadvantage is that condensation will collect on the underside unless
insulated.

--
Regards,
* * * * Harry (M1BYT) (L)http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

ask this guy
Try www.therooftech.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ajp" wrote in message
The felt is going on the potting shed and I'm thinking of replacing it
with
steel roofing.
The stuff from http://www.bbtroofing.co.uk/ looks pretty good.

Has anyone on this ng had any experience with them (or any other
supplier)?

Alan
--
email =~ s/nospam/fudokai/

A triple wall acetate offcut might be bettterfor lightness, provide a
natural light, insulation and better still it is quieter in the rain ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ajp" wrote in message
The felt is going on the potting shed and I'm thinking of replacing it
with
steel roofing.
The stuff from http://www.bbtroofing.co.uk/ looks pretty good.

Has anyone on this ng had any experience with them (or any other
supplier)?

A friend found this stuff very good for a large double garage roof.

http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/b...of_sheets.html

They do steel sheet too, if you insist on it, but expect condensation
problems..

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ajp ajp is offline

Cicero wrote:

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:34:28 +0100, ajp wrote:

The felt is going on the potting shed and I'm thinking of replacing it
with steel roofing.
The stuff from http://www.bbtroofing.co.uk/ looks pretty good.

Has anyone on this ng had any experience with them (or any other
supplier)?

Alan

==================================
If you're based in Shropshire (like the company you've referenced) you
might get better prices from a less upmarket company - more suitable for a
pottng shed? David Broxton is such a company based in Telford -
Tel. 01952 677-567
I believe he only delivers locally - not nationally.

Cic.

Unfortunately I'm in Norfolk - I did a fair amount of googling and these
people were almost all I could find.

Cheers,
Alan

--
email =~ s/nospam/fudokai/

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ajp ajp is offline

devonsteve wrote:

On Apr 10, 5:34Â*pm, ajp wrote:
The felt is going on the potting shed and I'm thinking of replacing it
with steel roofing.
The stuff fromhttp://www.bbtroofing.co.uk/looks pretty good.

Has anyone on this ng had any experience with them (or any other
supplier)?

Alan
--
email =~ s/nospam/fudokai/

Hi Have just done my third roofing project using cladco.co.uk
excellent service and the right price too

Thanks - will check them out

Alan
--
email =~ s/nospam/fudokai/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ajp ajp is offline

metronid wrote:

www.therooftech.com

Looks to be a US site
snip
Servicing Anne Arundel, Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Howard, Prince
George and Queen Annes counties.
/snip

Alan
--
email =~ s/nospam/fudokai/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ajp ajp is offline

nightjar wrote:

http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/b...of_sheets.html

Thanks - will check them out.

Alan

--
email =~ s/nospam/fudokai/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message jbKdncUEf-HpEGLanZ2dnUVZ8qjinZ2d@plusnet, ajp
writes

Unfortunately I'm in Norfolk - I did a fair amount of googling and these
people were almost all I could find.

You could try Countryside Supplies at Harleston, although that is as
close to Suffolk as you can get:-) tel. 01379 854499 no website!

regards

--
Tim Lamb