Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Battery Box

My gas fire has a plastic box with 4 AA batteries - alongside each other -
the lead out is via the press-stud arrangement that is the same as found on
a 9volt PP9 battery. The plastic has succumbed to the heat and the pressure
of the contact springs so I need a new one. I have looked on Maplins site
and they don't seem to have one with the same (all lying flat) configuration
which I need to enable it to stow in the recess.

Any other sources you can recommend?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 7, 1:02*pm, "John" wrote:
My gas fire has a plastic box with 4 AA batteries - alongside each other -
the lead out is via the press-stud arrangement that is the same as found on
a 9volt PP9 battery. The plastic has succumbed to the heat and the pressure
of the contact springs so I need a new one. I have looked on Maplins site
and they don't seem to have one with the same (all lying flat) configuration
which I need to enable it to stow in the recess.

Any other sources you can recommend?

Try Rapid Electronics:

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electrica.../Boxes-Holders

They ave a wide range and may have something suitable.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://cpc.farnell.com/BT03712/batte...RANDED-23VB41B

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:02:37 GMT, John wrote:

My gas fire has a plastic box with 4 AA batteries - alongside each other
- the lead out is via the press-stud arrangement that is the same as
found on a 9volt PP9 battery.

snip
Any other sources you can recommend?

CPC

http://cpc.farnell.com/BT03712

Postage will sting you though for a 50p + VAT item...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 Apr, 13:39, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:02:37 GMT, John wrote:
My gas fire has a plastic box with 4 AA batteries - alongside each other
- the lead out is via the press-stud arrangement that is the same as
found on a 9volt PP9 battery.

snip
Any other sources you can recommend?

CPC

http://cpc.farnell.com/BT03712

Postage will sting you though for a 50p + VAT item...

--
Cheers
Dave.

I thought it was £5.95 unless you order over £40 or something similar.

Jon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 7, 1:02*pm, "John" wrote:
My gas fire has a plastic box with 4 AA batteries - alongside each other -
the lead out is via the press-stud arrangement that is the same as found on
a 9volt PP9 battery. The plastic has succumbed to the heat and the pressure
of the contact springs so I need a new one. I have looked on Maplins site
and they don't seem to have one with the same (all lying flat) configuration
which I need to enable it to stow in the recess.

Any other sources you can recommend?

Try Ebay, eg £1.69:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360021913827

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pete C" wrote in message
On Apr 7, 1:02 pm, "John" wrote:
My gas fire has a plastic box with 4 AA batteries - alongside each other -
the lead out is via the press-stud arrangement that is the same as found
on
a 9volt PP9 battery. The plastic has succumbed to the heat and the
pressure
of the contact springs so I need a new one. I have looked on Maplins site
and they don't seem to have one with the same (all lying flat)
configuration
which I need to enable it to stow in the recess.

Any other sources you can recommend?

Try Ebay, eg £1.69:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360021913827

cheers,
Pete.

Thanks Pete - right sizes - ordered it tonight.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 12:02:37 UTC, "John"
wrote:

My gas fire has a plastic box with 4 AA batteries - alongside each other -
the lead out is via the press-stud arrangement that is the same as found on
a 9volt PP9 battery. The plastic has succumbed to the heat and the pressure
of the contact springs so I need a new one. I have looked on Maplins site
and they don't seem to have one with the same (all lying flat) configuration
which I need to enable it to stow in the recess.

Arte you sure it's really the large PP9 connector, and not the small PP3
one?

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 14:39:32 -0700 (PDT), Tournifreak wrote:

Postage will sting you though for a 50p + VAT item...

I thought it was £5.95 unless you order over £40 or something similar.

Eh? The battery box costs 50p + VAT so the postage at £5.95 + VAT is a bit
of sting...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

My gas fire has a plastic box with 4 AA batteries - alongside each
other -
the lead out is via the press-stud arrangement that is the same as found
on
a 9volt PP9 battery. The plastic has succumbed to the heat and the
pressure
of the contact springs so I need a new one. I have looked on Maplins site
and they don't seem to have one with the same (all lying flat)
configuration
which I need to enable it to stow in the recess.

Arte you sure it's really the large PP9 connector, and not the small PP3
one?

http://www.diybanter.com

Sorry - I forgot they were different - yes -PP3 - replacement ordered from
e-bay.

Posted to uk.d-i-y