Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to get freezer door sealing strip?

The door sealing strips on my mum's ancient chest freezer (ooh, missus!)
have packed up. ISTR someone in this very parish talking about where to
get replacements, a few moons back. I thought it was CPC but a quick root
around their site reveals nothing.

Any clues?

--
John Stumbles

Extreme moderate
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Stumbles writes:
The door sealing strips on my mum's ancient chest freezer (ooh, missus!)
have packed up. ISTR someone in this very parish talking about where to
get replacements, a few moons back. I thought it was CPC but a quick root
around their site reveals nothing.

You have to phone them for white goods spares.
Most aren't on the website or in their catalogue.

I learned yesterday that even if you know the correct white
goods part number, you can't order it online anymore -- has
to be ordered by phone, fax, or email.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 23:07:36 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

The door sealing strips on my mum's ancient chest freezer (ooh, missus!)
have packed up. ISTR someone in this very parish talking about where to
get replacements, a few moons back. I thought it was CPC but a quick
root around their site reveals nothing.

Any clues?

I have a few years ago bought a specific one and a generic kit from CPC.
If they have stopped doing them then I'd at a loss to know where to go.

could try espares.co.uk or sparesforhome.co.uk ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:13:35 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 23:07:36 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

The door sealing strips on my mum's ancient chest freezer (ooh, missus!)
have packed up. ISTR someone in this very parish talking about where to
get replacements, a few moons back. I thought it was CPC but a quick
root around their site reveals nothing.

Any clues?

I have a few years ago bought a specific one and a generic kit from CPC.
If they have stopped doing them then I'd at a loss to know where to go.

could try espares.co.uk or sparesforhome.co.uk ?

Thanks Ed (and Andrew).

CPC denied all knowledge. Local appliance repair in Reading (Apple) said
they didn't/wouldn't sell generic replacemeent as it's crap but could get
proper kits for even very old freezers. However the badge has fallen off
the front of my mum's freezer: there's possibly a plate round the back but
it's a full-length chest freezer, it's full, and it's 100+ miles away :-(

--
John Stumbles

I've got nothing against racists - I just wouldn't want my daughter to marry one

Thick draft excluder sealing strip required [email protected] UK diy 13 February 20th 07 09:47 PM
PVC Door Strip Systems john UK diy 1 March 11th 06 10:30 PM
Intumescent strip: channelled into the door ? Dave G UK diy 6 September 13th 05 05:18 PM
Staining / varnishing a door after dip n strip JohnWB UK diy 4 August 4th 05 01:03 PM
Shower door drip strip ernie mendoza UK diy 0 July 19th 03 03:00 PM