Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing a trampoline enclosure

Hi All,

We have a trampoline with an enclosure that had an unfortunate
accident during some every high winds. The entire thing was picked up
off the ground and rolled down our garden!

The trampoline survived, however the a few of the long poles which
supported the enclosure were badly bent. When I tried to bend them
back to shape they snapped :-(

Does anyone know where I might be able to get some suitable metal
poles to replace the broken ones? A new enclosure would be £50, I am
sure a couple of metal poles would be a lot cheaper. I have searched
the internet, but cannot find anything suitable.

Thanks,
Colin E.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Eberhardt wrote:
Hi All,

We have a trampoline with an enclosure that had an unfortunate
accident during some every high winds. The entire thing was picked up
off the ground and rolled down our garden!

The trampoline survived, however the a few of the long poles which
supported the enclosure were badly bent. When I tried to bend them
back to shape they snapped :-(

Does anyone know where I might be able to get some suitable metal
poles to replace the broken ones? A new enclosure would be £50, I am
sure a couple of metal poles would be a lot cheaper. I have searched
the internet, but cannot find anything suitable.

Do make sure you replace it before letting the kids back on. My (paramedic)
daughter has been called out to several nasty accidents on unenclosed
trampolines.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Eberhardt wrote:

Does anyone know where I might be able to get some suitable metal
poles to replace the broken ones? A new enclosure would be £50, I am
sure a couple of metal poles would be a lot cheaper. I have searched
the internet, but cannot find anything suitable.

Original supplier of trampoline for like-for-like spares?
Camping supplier for something similar (tent/gazebo etc)?
Local metal fabricators for lengths of aluminium tubing?

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Eberhardt laid this down on his screen :
Hi All,

We have a trampoline with an enclosure that had an unfortunate
accident during some every high winds. The entire thing was picked up
off the ground and rolled down our garden!

The trampoline survived, however the a few of the long poles which
supported the enclosure were badly bent. When I tried to bend them
back to shape they snapped :-(

Does anyone know where I might be able to get some suitable metal
poles to replace the broken ones? A new enclosure would be £50, I am
sure a couple of metal poles would be a lot cheaper. I have searched
the internet, but cannot find anything suitable.

Thanks,
Colin E.

Aluminium poles? A TV antenna wholesaler.

Steel poles? Either a camping supplier, the items used for frame tents
or perhaps galvanised steel conduit from an electrical wholesaler.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:30:35 -0700, Colin Eberhardt wrote:

Hi All,

We have a trampoline with an enclosure that had an unfortunate
accident during some every high winds. The entire thing was picked up
off the ground and rolled down our garden!

The trampoline survived, however the a few of the long poles which
supported the enclosure were badly bent. When I tried to bend them
back to shape they snapped :-(

Does anyone know where I might be able to get some suitable metal
poles to replace the broken ones? A new enclosure would be £50, I am
sure a couple of metal poles would be a lot cheaper. I have searched
the internet, but cannot find anything suitable.

Thanks,
Colin E.

==================================
If this enclosure is intended to be a safety fence I would suggest that
you discard the metal poles and make something new using substantial
wooden posts. Fence posts (3" x 3", or 3" round) from B&Q etc. would be
suitable. Children landing on flimsy metal posts could easily be speared -
wood would only cause minor bruising.

Cic.
--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Colin Eberhardt" wrote in message
Hi All,

We have a trampoline with an enclosure that had an unfortunate
accident during some every high winds. The entire thing was picked up
off the ground and rolled down our garden!

The trampoline survived, however the a few of the long poles which
supported the enclosure were badly bent. When I tried to bend them
back to shape they snapped :-(

Does anyone know where I might be able to get some suitable metal
poles to replace the broken ones? A new enclosure would be £50, I am
sure a couple of metal poles would be a lot cheaper. I have searched
the internet, but cannot find anything suitable.

Thanks,
Colin E.

Last time I looked (a couple of weeks ago) Makro were doing a 12' one, inc.
enclosure for £129.99. Worth considering...

trampoline and rain misterroy UK diy 13 September 10th 07 07:37 PM
Trampoline bed spring Mary Fisher UK diy 2 June 1st 06 06:18 PM
Trampoline bed spring Pete C UK diy 0 June 1st 06 06:16 PM
Trampoline bed spring sm_jamieson UK diy 1 June 1st 06 05:12 PM
Trampoline Winterizing Tom Accuosti Home Ownership 2 November 10th 04 03:55 AM