Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Saniflow toilet in lean-to

I am thinking of having a saniflow toilet / shower installed. As the
house is small, putting it inside my lean-to, which is on the back of
the house, would be ideal. I have electrics, water supply and drainage
in there already.
Does anyone know if this is ever done or feasible ? and do building
regulations or planning permission come into it ?

Thanks in advance
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 03:36:35 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be
Kentishman wrote this:-

I am thinking of having a saniflow toilet / shower installed. As the
house is small, putting it inside my lean-to, which is on the back of
the house, would be ideal. I have electrics, water supply and drainage
in there already.
Does anyone know if this is ever done or feasible ?

That rather depends on the lean-to. A couple of rickety planks
nailed together is a different proposition to a brick built one.

and do building
regulations or planning permission come into it ?

The former are likely to have several appropriate sections. The
latter are unlikely to apply, unless you want to make major changes
to the structure.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kentishman" wrote in message
I am thinking of having a saniflow toilet / shower installed. As the
house is small, putting it inside my lean-to, which is on the back of
the house, would be ideal. I have electrics, water supply and drainage
in there already.
Does anyone know if this is ever done or feasible ? and do building
regulations or planning permission come into it ?

Thanks in advance

Install the commercial unit. The domestic units are useless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Mar, 10:36, Kentishman wrote:
I am thinking of having a saniflow toilet / shower installed.

The idea of a combination pumping loo and shower is rather
terrifying...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 27, 12:57*pm, David Hansen
wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 05:00:34 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be
wrote this:-

On 27 Mar, 10:36, Kentishman wrote:
I am thinking of having a saniflow toilet / shower installed.

The idea of a combination pumping loo and shower is rather
terrifying...

The pumping of such materials has been undertaken for something like
150 years. Although gravity sewerage is preferable, at times it has
to be pumped. In Ye Olden Days sewer pumping was done only at large
pumping stations powered by steam engines.

The point being that they were big enough to cope with the odd
sanitary towel, etc.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 06:14:31 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be "Man at
B&Q" wrote this:-

The pumping of such materials has been undertaken for something like
150 years. Although gravity sewerage is preferable, at times it has
to be pumped. In Ye Olden Days sewer pumping was done only at large
pumping stations powered by steam engines.

The point being that they were big enough to cope with the odd
sanitary towel, etc.

Sewage pumps of all sizes can be and are broken from time to time.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

B&Q" wrote this:-

The pumping of such materials has been undertaken for something like
150 years. Although gravity sewerage is preferable, at times it has
to be pumped. In Ye Olden Days sewer pumping was done only at large
pumping stations powered by steam engines.

The point being that they were big enough to cope with the odd
sanitary towel, etc.

Sewage pumps of all sizes can be and are broken from time to time.

--
* David Hansen, Edinburgh
*I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents me
*http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/00023--e.htm#54

Thanks for the answers !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have you read http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#saniflo

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Kentishman wrote:

I am thinking of having a saniflow toilet / shower installed. As the
house is small, putting it inside my lean-to, which is on the back of
the house, would be ideal. I have electrics, water supply and drainage
in there already.
Does anyone know if this is ever done or feasible ? and do building
regulations or planning permission come into it ?

Thanks in advance

Memebers of this groups have forgotern the groups UK.D-I-Y location
and problems memebers have had with saniflow

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html

don't forget if it packs up your in the ****
---
zaax

Toilet Tank Leaks When I Lean Back Mortimer Schnerd, RN Home Repair 25 October 5th 20 03:45 AM
Saniflow type toilet Robert Jenkins UK diy 14 May 26th 05 05:09 PM
Saniflow - are they any good? Ken Riley UK diy 3 October 30th 03 05:38 PM
Saniflow Pumps Dave D UK diy 8 October 22nd 03 08:59 PM
Saniflow Help requied Craigy UK diy 8 September 25th 03 04:45 PM