Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Odd behaviour - stereo / flourescent tubes

Not stricly on topic here, but I'm certain someone here will know the
answer.

I own an Altec Lansing dock for my wife's iPod. (http://
www.johnlewis.com/230437710/Product.aspx)

It is sat on top of the microwave, underneath the kitchen units. In
normal operation, everything works fine. However, if I turn on the
under-unit lights (which are just flourescent strip lights), none of
the buttons on the stereo work. I can't turn the unit on or off,
either using the button on the device or using the remote control.

Any ideas why this is happening? What do flourescent lights do that
would interefere with the stereo's operation?

Cheers!

Matt
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Mar, 17:30, wrote:
Not stricly on topic here, but I'm certain someone here will know the
answer.

I own an Altec Lansing dock for my wife's iPod. (http://www.johnlewis.com/230437710/Product.aspx)

It is sat on top of the microwave, underneath the kitchen units. *In
normal operation, everything works fine. *However, if I turn on the
under-unit lights (which are just flourescent strip lights), none of
the buttons on the stereo work. *I can't turn the unit on or off,
either using the button on the device or using the remote control.

Any ideas why this is happening? *What do flourescent lights do that
would interefere with the stereo's operation?

Cheers!

Matt

And obviously I did mean to spell it fluorescent.....

Matt
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
wrote
Not stricly on topic here, but I'm certain someone here will know the
answer.

I own an Altec Lansing dock for my wife's iPod. (http://
www.johnlewis.com/230437710/Product.aspx)

It is sat on top of the microwave, underneath the kitchen units. In
normal operation, everything works fine. However, if I turn on the
under-unit lights (which are just flourescent strip lights), none of
the buttons on the stereo work. I can't turn the unit on or off,
either using the button on the device or using the remote control.

Any ideas why this is happening? What do flourescent lights do that
would interefere with the stereo's operation?

The lights are overloading the remote control's input.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com