Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boundary dispute advice please

Boundary dispute advice please

21:44 2008/03/25 (Tuesday 25th March 2008)
The neighbour's back fence blew down over the easter weekend.

I reminded her that it was in the wrong position,
That B had moved it a few years ago.
and asked that she put it back where it was before B had moved it.

This afternoon (Tuesday) got a bit of pro bono advice from a solicitor
who could not act for me as I didnt have my passport etc etc.

At about 3pm I constructed a fence of my own out of pallets on the disputed
land.

She got back and knocked over my fence, pushed it out of the disputed land.
I shouted at her that it was criminal damage,
She said that she's having the fence put back tomorrow where it was before
the weekend,
and paying someone £400 to have concrete posts dug.

I said that would be criminal damage to my land,
if she does it in the disputed land.
I said as she had knocked over my fence
causing criminal damage to 2 nails
then am i not justified in knocking over her fence tomorrow morning?

Shall I do a sitdown protest tomorrow?

Can I get the courts to sort out the border dispute
without paying for a solicitor,
can i do it uk-d-i-y ???

[george]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George (dicegeorge) wrote:
[...]

Calm down and take a look here.

http://www.boundary-problems.co.uk/

Be very careful you don't end up being arrested for causing criminal damage
yourself.

Peter Crosland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George (dicegeorge)" wrote in message
[...]

Have a look / ask on here http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/

Good luck

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-03-25 21:52:27 +0000, "George \(dicegeorge\)"
said:

Boundary dispute advice please

I said that would be criminal damage to my land,
if she does it in the disputed land.
I said as she had knocked over my fence
causing criminal damage to 2 nails
then am i not justified in knocking over her fence tomorrow morning?

Shall I do a sitdown protest tomorrow?

Can I get the courts to sort out the border dispute
without paying for a solicitor,
can i do it uk-d-i-y ???

You could try ****ing on the fence posts in order to mark out your territory.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steven Campbell wrote:
"George (dicegeorge)" wrote in message
Boundary dispute advice please

Have a look / ask on here http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/

Absolutely - canonical advice there

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I reminded her that it was in the wrong position,
That B had moved it a few years ago.
and asked that she put it back where it was before B had moved it.

IANAL

Can you get a copy of your deeds from the land registry to show anyone
that might happen to turn up that the boundary is where you say it is,
and that any transgression will involve a call to the police.

You might find it useful to have them to hand anyway to show to the
neighbour.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

thanks,
i looked at the websites,
thought again,
spent an hour going through the papers-
put them into date order,
found one with a thin red line-
she was right, i was wrong,
went round with an apology note,
surrender,
she invited me in for some wine,
the dog seems ok with it all .....

so no protest from me tomorrow morning,
I surrender!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

i'm quite often perplexed by some of the TLAs on this group
(Three Letter Acronyms)
is there a faq of them anywhere for us newbies?

but
IANAL
perhaps means exactly what it sounds like?

[joke]

--

[george]

~ [g] ~

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George (dicegeorge) wrote:
i'm quite often perplexed by some of the TLAs on this group
(Three Letter Acronyms)
is there a faq of them anywhere for us newbies?

but
IANAL
perhaps means exactly what it sounds like?

You are not far off ;-)

I Am Not A Lawyer

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:57:24 -0000, "George \(dicegeorge\)"
wrote:

thanks,
i looked at the websites,
thought again,
spent an hour going through the papers-
put them into date order,
found one with a thin red line-
she was right, i was wrong,
went round with an apology note,
surrender,
she invited me in for some wine,
the dog seems ok with it all .....

so no protest from me tomorrow morning,
I surrender!

Congratulations

It can get out of hand - Daily Mail story

http://tinyurl.com/24gahu

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , George (dicegeorge)
scribeth thus
thanks,
i looked at the websites,
thought again,
spent an hour going through the papers-
put them into date order,
found one with a thin red line-
she was right, i was wrong,
went round with an apology note,
surrender,
she invited me in for some wine,
the dog seems ok with it all .....

Sounds like there was more to that...

so no protest from me tomorrow morning,
I surrender!

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George (dicegeorge) wrote:
thanks,
i looked at the websites,
thought again,
spent an hour going through the papers-
put them into date order,
found one with a thin red line-
she was right, i was wrong,
went round with an apology note,
surrender,
she invited me in for some wine,
the dog seems ok with it all .....

so no protest from me tomorrow morning,
I surrender!

Good man - some of the people on gardenlaw lack the ability to make a
pragmatic settlement, and have ruined their lives arguing over doormat-sized
territories.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George (dicegeorge) wrote:
i'm quite often perplexed by some of the TLAs on this group
(Three Letter Acronyms)
is there a faq of them anywhere for us newbies?

FYI http://www.acronymfinder.com/

HTH

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman