Posted to uk.d-i-y
PM PM is offline

Default What colour should my CH water be?

I drained a rad into a demijohn at the weekend, someone's already commented
on how good my home-brew looks!
It's the colour of black tea, but not cloudy at all. Is this correct? Or
should it be clearer?

A few small hard black lumps also came out. I replaced all but two of the
rads 18 months ago, the system wasn't flushed but was drained down
completely. Quality (Sentinel X100) inhibitor added. Should I run some X400
through it?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PM PM is offline

"Owain" wrote in message
PM wrote:
I drained a rad into a demijohn at the weekend, someone's already

commented
on how good my home-brew looks!
It's the colour of black tea, but not cloudy at all. Is this correct? Or
should it be clearer?

Approximately the colour of Lapsang souchon?

Way over my head.
Builders' tea would do it :-)

Had a look in the F&E tank last night, there was a brown scum floating on
the water. I cleaned it all out but if it comes back I'll run some sludge
remover through.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PM" wrote

Had a look in the F&E tank last night, there was a brown scum floating on
the water. I cleaned it all out but if it comes back I'll run some sludge
remover through.

This can be a fungal growth.
If serious get on to Fernox who do some "fungicidal hoochermejiga" sort of
stuff that goes in the header tank to cure it.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:41:17 +0000, PM wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
Approximately the colour of Lapsang souchon?

Way over my head.
Builders' tea would do it :-)

Should be more like the colour of Builders' tea (used) ;-)

--
John Stumbles

I used to be forgetful but now I ... um ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

"Owain" wrote in message
Approximately the colour of Lapsang souchon?

Way over my head.
Builders' tea would do it :-)

Should be more like the colour of Builders' tea (used) ;-)

But doesn't that indicate rhabdomyolysis? (uk.d-i-y passim) :-)

--
Rod

onset.