Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch cordless drill for brain surgery

From today's Sunday Times:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle3559282.ece

Who needs a Makita, anyway? ;-)

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
From today's Sunday Times:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle3559282.ece

Who needs a Makita, anyway? ;-)

Makita wouldn't have run out of charge half way through :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 16, 7:02*pm, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Lobster wrote:
From today's Sunday Times:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...article3559282...

Who needs a Makita, anyway? ;-)

Makita wouldn't have run out of charge half way through :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

At least he had the common decency not to use the Impact Driver!...now
that would make your eyes water
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
From today's Sunday Times:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle3559282.ece

Who needs a Makita, anyway? ;-)

David

I don't know what was used when my brain tumour was removed but the whole
procedure was explained in detail beforehand by the surgeon and I wasn't at
all concerned - except to ask him to not go to any parties the night before.
He went to his son's swimming gala.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

says...
On Mar 16, 7:02*pm, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Lobster wrote:
From today's Sunday Times:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...article3559282....

Who needs a Makita, anyway? ;-)

Makita wouldn't have run out of charge half way through :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

At least he had the common decency not to use the Impact Driver!...now
that would make your eyes water

I'd fancy that about as much as an er.. hole in the head.
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
says...
On Mar 16, 7:02 pm, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Lobster wrote:
From today's Sunday Times:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...article3559282...

Who needs a Makita, anyway? ;-)

Makita wouldn't have run out of charge half way through :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

At least he had the common decency not to use the Impact Driver!...now
that would make your eyes water

I'd fancy that about as much as an er.. hole in the head.

Better than the alternative!

The hole in my skull was done with a circular saw part way round then
broken - rather than trepanning. That means that the bone is fixed into
place and heals better rather than the cut piece floating around.

Mary.
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher says...
Better than the alternative!

The hole in my skull was done with a circular saw part way round then
broken - rather than trepanning. That means that the bone is fixed into
place and heals better rather than the cut piece floating around.

Mary.

Ouch! I can just picture the surgeon asking if you are
thick skulled so he knows how deep to set the cutting depth
on his Bosch circular saw :-)

This thread is starting to make me feel queasy.
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
Mary Fisher says...
Better than the alternative!

The hole in my skull was done with a circular saw part way round then
broken - rather than trepanning. That means that the bone is fixed into
place and heals better rather than the cut piece floating around.

Mary.

Ouch! I can just picture the surgeon asking if you are
thick skulled so he knows how deep to set the cutting depth
on his Bosch circular saw :-)

I suspect that a good brain surgeon knows more about his patients' skulls
than they do - after all I've never tried piercing it ...

This thread is starting to make me feel queasy.

I'm disappointed, I thought you'd be making some pointed comment, people
usually do :-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Mary Fisher wrote:
"David in Normandy" wrote in message
Mary Fisher says...
Better than the alternative!

The hole in my skull was done with a circular saw part way round then
broken - rather than trepanning. That means that the bone is fixed into
place and heals better rather than the cut piece floating around.

Mary.

Ouch! I can just picture the surgeon asking if you are
thick skulled so he knows how deep to set the cutting depth
on his Bosch circular saw :-)

I suspect that a good brain surgeon knows more about his patients' skulls
than they do - after all I've never tried piercing it ...
This thread is starting to make me feel queasy.

I'm disappointed, I thought you'd be making some pointed comment, people
usually do :-)

I suspect the "circular" saw was actually a reciprocating/oscillating
device. Much safer near human tissue (like skin and muscle) than a true
circular saw! (And definitely what they use for things like removal of
plaster casts.) More like a Fein Multimaster... (cue many posts)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
[...]

It wasn't near skin or muscle (not much of the latter on the side of my
head!).

The skin etc. had been cut and peeled back, it formed a flap which was
clipped to my forehead. I couldn't understand what that hole was until I
worked it out and asked.

There were holes all over my body, with tubes going in and out. I reckoned
that when all the normal ones were used up they simply made more. The one
coming out of the back of my head and draining into a glass flask (honestly)
was the most difficult to deal with, the flask wasn't comfortable to lie on.

Mary