Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

Default Low Emission Zone (LEZ) is to improve air quality in London.

Campaign for Fresh Air (Campaign for Fresh Air
) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

It does seem a little ill thought out. I don't see why cars are
excluded. It should be all or nothing. Public transport is a slightly
different consideration.

The main effect it has had is that London removals firms, whose
pantechnicons are traditionally old because they cover very little
mileage and don't wear out,

They cover very high mileages. The problem is because they are a unique
vehicle and cost a fortune to have built to order.

Sounds like it'd be more cost effective to re-engine them to conform to
the LEZ emissions specs, then.

Living on the east Kent coast, I'm sure you can understand *exactly* how
concerned I am about this.

You will be if you dare venture up here to complain to Ken about it
whilst visiting Madame Tussaud's.

Does anybody except foreign school parties go to Tussauds? Why?
Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

Campaign for Fresh Air (Campaign for Fresh Air
) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

Try not to show your ignorance. I used to work for a removal company
and 70% of our trips in the pantech were all over Europe.

So you are suggesting that typically 70% of Londoners who move relocate
to mainland Europe?

No. Europe includes UK and Ireland.

Where were the other 30%, then?
Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

"Adrian" wrote

Where were the other 30%, then?

I think our eco-loonie chum is now one move away from being checkmated.

--
Regards, Vince.

Snowdonia trucking POV- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_qusgJlk3M

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

Conor (Conor ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

Yes it would because they were all at least Euro 2 WHICH IS LEZ
compliant.

No, it's only Euro3 on.
Posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

"Oz" wrote in message
Knight Of The Road writes
"Campain for fresh air" seems to use exactly the same debating tactics as
Doug. Firstly making totally groundless statements, then attempting to
introduce anecdote as evidence. Then, when corrected in his mistake,
simply
refusing to understand what he is being told.

The truck which I was driving 10 years ago- a Volvo FH12- would be fully
LEZ
compliant.

Hmm.. he seems to have automatically dropped into my killfile.

I havent actually seen any of the OPs postings ... seems that my newsfeed
has ****listed him for whatever reason.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

In article , Adrian says...
Conor (Conor ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

Yes it would because they were all at least Euro 2 WHICH IS LEZ
compliant.

No, it's only Euro3 on.

Sorry...as it doesn't affect me and I don't give a stuff, I didn't read
up on it fully.

1999 then. So that's X/Y reg. Not that many X and Y reg lorries on the
road nowadays. The last fleet of X reg wagons I personally know about
were retired over 18 months ago.

--
Conor

looking good either. - Scott Adams
Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

somebody (somebody ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

Strange. I just ran 11 x FH12 plates through the LEZ site ranging from
'96 to '07 plate. Only the two '07 vehicles are compliant and remain so.

The others are either non-compliant now, or become so during '08, '09 or
2012.

....when Euro4 compliance becomes required.

Every wagon built since 2006 has needed to be Euro4 compliant, but plenty
from a few years before would have been. Same as some are already Euro5,
which isn't required until October next year.
Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

John Rowland ("John Rowland" )
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

In London, road transport is the single biggest source of Particulate
Matter (PM10) and oxides of Nitrogen(NOX).

Indeed. All those foul diesel engined taxis and buses spewing plumes of
carcinogenic filth into the air.

All London taxis have had emissions equipment fitted to make them Euro2
compliant.

To be fair, let's make it clear that's all black cabs - TFL-registered
minicabs and cabs coming into London from outside aren't necessarily.

All London buses are at least Euro3 compliant.
Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

Huge (Huge ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

I couldn't care less what the bits of paper say; the air in London is
disgusting and the main reason is the huge number of diesel vehicles.

Well, no, the main reason is the huge number of _people_.
Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

"Adrian" wrote in message
Huge (Huge ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

I couldn't care less what the bits of paper say; the air in London is
disgusting and the main reason is the huge number of diesel vehicles.

Well, no, the main reason is the huge number of _people_.

Since when did people emit NOx and particulates (excluding smokers of
course).

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

dennis@home ("dennis@home" ) gurgled
happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I couldn't care less what the bits of paper say; the air in London is
disgusting and the main reason is the huge number of diesel vehicles.

Well, no, the main reason is the huge number of _people_.

Since when did people emit NOx and particulates (excluding smokers of
course).

slowly
D'you really think the buses, vans, trucks, generators, refrigeration
units, cranes and all the other infrastructure would be there in the
scale there are, if there weren't lots and lots of people there?
Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

"Adrian" wrote in message
dennis@home ("dennis@home" ) gurgled
happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I couldn't care less what the bits of paper say; the air in London is
disgusting and the main reason is the huge number of diesel vehicles.

Well, no, the main reason is the huge number of _people_.

Since when did people emit NOx and particulates (excluding smokers of
course).

slowly
D'you really think the buses, vans, trucks, generators, refrigeration
units, cranes and all the other infrastructure would be there in the
scale there are, if there weren't lots and lots of people there?

In that case you mean cause, rather than reason.
Not that it really matters. I think London stinks as well.
Mike.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

Adrian wrote:
John Rowland ("John Rowland" )
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

In London, road transport is the single biggest source of Particulate
Matter (PM10) and oxides of Nitrogen(NOX).

Indeed. All those foul diesel engined taxis and buses spewing plumes of
carcinogenic filth into the air.

All London taxis have had emissions equipment fitted to make them Euro2
compliant.

To be fair, let's make it clear that's all black cabs - TFL-registered
minicabs and cabs coming into London from outside aren't necessarily.

Cabs (proper cabs, licensed to ply for hire) from outside London are not
exempt from the "Congestion" Tax.
Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.people.consumers.ebay,uk.d-i-y

On 2008-03-17 13:02:52 +0000, Adrian said:

Huge (Huge ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

I couldn't care less what the bits of paper say; the air in London is
disgusting and the main reason is the huge number of diesel vehicles.

Well, no, the main reason is the huge number of _people_.

Eviction of Livingstone would reduce the hot air considerably.

Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.people.consumers.ebay,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:51:43 +0000, Andy Hall

On 2008-03-17 13:02:52 +0000, Adrian said:

Huge (Huge ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

I couldn't care less what the bits of paper say; the air in London is
disgusting and the main reason is the huge number of diesel vehicles.

Well, no, the main reason is the huge number of _people_.

Eviction of Livingstone would reduce the hot air considerably.

Ken got abolished by the Mad Cow.

Some while later she resigned.

Then he managed to get his old job back, but ended up being a clone of
his executress.

Now, Bonking Boris even looks like a viable alternative.

Ken used to be my MP, and was not bad at it, but since he decided to
go down the route of fascism, we've been stuck with the dreadful
self-promoting-at-every-opprortunity Sarah Teather.

She does get things done, though, even though she makes sure that
*everyone* sees her bathing in tHe glory.

If she stood for Mayor, I'd probably vote for her :-)

--
Humbug

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

somebody (somebody ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

I was wrong about it being Euro2...it's Euro3 which is EVERY HGV
manufactured from 2000 on.

Stranger still.

I've just ran some 2000 onward FH12 plates, and some other units as well
just to see...

AU55xxx Volvo FH12 Non Compliant from 2012 AY03xxx Volvo FH12 Non
Compliant from 2012 AY05xxx Volvo FH12 Non Compliant from 2012 AY51xxx
Volvo FH12 Non Compliant from 2012 X192xxx Volvo FH12 Non Compliant from
01/10/2008

X192xxx Volvo FH12 Non Compliant from 01/10/2008 NX04xxx Iveco Non
Compliant from 03/01/2012 Y445xxx Volvo Non Compliant from
07/07/2008 AV52xxx Volvo Non Compliant from 03/01/2012 W2xxx
Mercedes Non Compliant from 01/12/2008 W47xxx Scania Non
Compliant from 04/02/2008 W858xxx Mercedes Non Compliant from
07/07/2008

All HGVs. There may be some solace in the ones that only become 'non
compliant' in 2012, but there are plenty of 2000 reg in there too.

It looks like 2000 might be the cut off point according to the above,
but that is still a huge proportion of the wagons being subject to the
LEZ this year.

It is certainly not 10 year old FH12s.

Looking at the "non-compliant from..." dates, I'm suspecting the database
is ****ed up - because the TfL website doesn't even give half of those
dates as start-points for groupings.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/vehicles/2535.aspx
Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

Conor (Conor ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

You can call me a c*** all you like mister,

Why do you put c***? Does the parental control software mummy put on
your Vtec "My First Computer" blank out naughty words?

****, Honda make speak-and-spells?

I always thought it was v-tech that made the electronic toys.
Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

In article , Adrian says...

**** knows. I tend to switch off when the ads are on.

--
Conor

looking good either. - Scott Adams
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , Campaign for
Fresh Air says...

Likewise up here in the wilds of East Yorkshire. I'm also about as
equally concerned by the amount of noise that Terminal 5 and an extra
runway at Heathrow or any of the UK airports causes.

Even if you're paying for it?

So what's new?

Try to look at the big picture and
forget the narrow minded view on life.

I always look at the big picture

......on your living room wall.

So you think London should have filthy air and noise pollution too because
it doesn't affect you.

..