Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Earth?

Boxed in a bath with T&G yesterday. Fitted the side panel & was measuring
for the end panel when I saw this
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/earth002.jpg

An earth wire screwed into the wall.

Whilst boxing in the side I noticed earth bonding cables connected to the
bath feed pipes, but didn't pay much attention to them. What would be the
purpose of an earth cable fixed to a brick wall?

As an aside, I often see the copper feeds to sinks, basins etc earth bonded,
with flexibles connecting to the taps. Would this earth the taps?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Earth Sleeving Arthur 51 UK diy 14 August 27th 07 01:55 PM
Earth testing eastender UK diy 12 February 7th 07 08:26 PM
Earth terminal [email protected] UK diy 7 January 26th 06 11:12 PM
Why to earth radiators? Eithera UK diy 3 November 26th 04 06:08 PM
SWA earth Stephen Gower UK diy 10 October 21st 03 03:38 PM