Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mosaic Tiles

Have been looking for a particular mosaic tile. Pretty common, I thought.
Various shades of the same colour and white in a random mix. See them
everywhere. But not in green. Blue, yes. Beige, of course. Red, even. Can
get near what I want in faux mosaic from B&Q, but would rather have the
real thing.
Went to one posh showroom in Fulham. Had exactly what I wanted in their
kitchen area - help yourself to a coffee. Not available anymore but we can
do something similar. In glass. Made to order. 300 quid a square metre
plus VAT. Faux suddenly becomes less of an issue...

--
*Marriage changes passion - suddenly you're in bed with a relative*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Have been looking for a particular mosaic tile. Pretty common, I thought.
Various shades of the same colour and white in a random mix. See them
everywhere. But not in green. Blue, yes. Beige, of course. Red, even. Can
get near what I want in faux mosaic from B&Q, but would rather have the
real thing.
Went to one posh showroom in Fulham. Had exactly what I wanted in their
kitchen area - help yourself to a coffee. Not available anymore but we can
do something similar. In glass. Made to order. 300 quid a square metre
plus VAT. Faux suddenly becomes less of an issue...

Serves you right for crossing the river
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-03-11 08:25:13 +0000, "Dave Plowman (News)"
said:

Have been looking for a particular mosaic tile. Pretty common, I thought.
Various shades of the same colour and white in a random mix. See them
everywhere. But not in green. Blue, yes. Beige, of course. Red, even. Can
get near what I want in faux mosaic from B&Q, but would rather have the
real thing.
Went to one posh showroom in Fulham. Had exactly what I wanted in their
kitchen area - help yourself to a coffee. Not available anymore but we can
do something similar. In glass. Made to order. 300 quid a square metre
plus VAT. Faux suddenly becomes less of an issue...

Tile prices sem to be quite regional in SW London. Chiswick may be a
little lower, Chelsea somewhat higher.

Glass if transparent is probably not a good idea. You have to have a
perfectbed of adhesive with no marks, blemishes or bubbles. Otherwise
the substrate shows straight through.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 47d6d912@qaanaaq,
Andy Hall wrote:
Glass if transparent is probably not a good idea. You have to have a
perfectbed of adhesive with no marks, blemishes or bubbles. Otherwise
the substrate shows straight through.

These had a sort of textured surface so probably not a problem. I didn't
much like them anyway.

--
*I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:
Glass if transparent is probably not a good idea. You have to have a
perfectbed of adhesive with no marks, blemishes or bubbles. Otherwise
the substrate shows straight through.

These had a sort of textured surface so probably not a problem. I didn't
much like them anyway.

They were probably woodchip.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

HI All

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:10:10 +0000, Andy Hall

On 2008-03-11 08:25:13 +0000, "Dave Plowman (News)"
said:

[...]

Easy enough to make them with an opaque background
(two layers of glass fused together, transparent on the top and opaque
at the back).

For that sort of price per m/squared I'd set aside my artistic
considerations and make you some myself - how many square metres dis
Sir require ? g

All joking apart, there's a fellow in the USA who I've dealt with - he
makes glass tiles with beautiful dichroic glass - very special....
but not cheap g - you'd probably want to use them as an 'accent'
rather thando an enitre shower-room in them.

Effect similar to the little fused dishes at the top of my homepage
(www.inspired-glass.com)

Adrian

mosaic shower base in mosaic tiles fredinstl Home Repair 1 January 3rd 08 02:11 AM
Mosaic tiles on sheets, How do I fix them? petercharlesfagg[_2_] UK diy 7 November 21st 07 06:46 PM
Travertine Mosaic Tiles AJ UK diy 5 October 8th 07 09:54 AM
Mosaic Tiles alexbartman UK diy 4 April 19th 05 12:10 PM
fitting mosaic tiles? John Stumbles UK diy 2 May 19th 04 10:08 AM