Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix free delivery "trick"

The message
from Grimly Curmudgeon contains these words:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Hall
saying something like:

As it turned out I got the items I wanted from Screwfix from another UK
supplier who had no problem gettting it to me - using Parcelforce.

But why would anybdy want to do anything involving Parcelforce?

They just happened to be the delivery contractor for whatever business
it was. They managed to get 100% of my items to me in a reasonable time
at a reasonable cost, so I'm no complaining about them as such. Are PF
still extant, or are they going by some other name these days?
--

They are extant rather than extinct.

To my considerable surprise they delivered two mattresses here for a
very reasonable delivery charge the other day.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "The Medway Handyman" contains
these words:

What if the only carrier Festool & Lamello suppliers ever used was
Parcelforce?

An impossible circumstance.
Festool and Lamello are pretty class machines and at least some
suppliers of these machines can recognise the appropriate situations in
which to use the subjunctive :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-03-11 21:13:11 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
said:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Hall
saying something like:

Are PF
still extant, or are they going by some other name these days?

I believe that they are, but are now a division of Co-operative Funeralcare.

You can pay up front for a disappointing outcome.

Burst open and end up in Stornoway?

Something like this happened to Henry VIII.

http://www.trivia-library.com/b/famo...henry-viii.htm

They should have used DHL......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-03-11 21:01:15 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"

On 2008-03-11 12:37:22 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
said:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Appin
saying something like:

Screwfix seem to have learned at least something over the last few
weeks. Actually what they've done is what I've several times
written them suggesting they consider.

Following an online order, Screwfix once phoned me to tell me that
Parcelforce didn't deliver to Ireland. "What a crock of ****," I
said, as I eyed a parcel with 'Parcelforce' stuck all over it. PF
simply hand the parcel over to the Irish PO for delivery and it's
not a problem for those sellers who can be bothered to go the extra
yard for a sale. As it turned out I got the items I wanted from Screwfix
from another
UK supplier who had no problem gettting it to me - using Parcelforce.

But why would anybdy want to do anything involving Parcelforce?

What if the only carrier Festool & Lamello suppliers ever used was
Parcelforce?

:-)

Go and collect. It would be worth it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

On 2008-03-11 21:13:11 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
said:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Hall
saying something like:

Are PF
still extant, or are they going by some other name these days?

I believe that they are, but are now a division of Co-operative
Funeralcare.

You can pay up front for a disappointing outcome.

Burst open and end up in Stornoway?

Something like this happened to Henry VIII.

http://www.trivia-library.com/b/famo...henry-viii.htm

They should have used DHL......

So is that where we get "the dogs' ********" from?

Couldn't find the Stornoway bit... :-)

--
Rod

onset.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message 47d735c1@qaanaaq
from Andy Hall contains these words:

On 2008-03-11 21:13:11 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
said:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Hall
saying something like:

Are PF
still extant, or are they going by some other name these days?

I believe that they are, but are now a division of Co-operative
Funeralcare.

You can pay up front for a disappointing outcome.

Burst open and end up in Stornoway?

Something like this happened to Henry VIII.

http://www.trivia-library.com/b/famo...henry-viii.htm

But *he* didn't end up in Stornoway (which was built on the profits of
the opium trade!)

They should have used DHL......

Owned largely by the German Post Office, I believe :-). We have TWO
DHL vans come into the village every day -- DHL International and DHL --
both in the same livery, but the organisations are separately run.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-03-10 20:58:34 +0000, "Dave Liquorice"
said:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:58:11 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

Is the voucher a physical bit of paper or a number that you use on
line as a discount?

Both, you get sent a bit of paper that has an online code on it.

In that case, looks like a reasonable scam^H^Hheme.

The microbore arrived this morning the vouchers probably will come
tomorrow in the post.

Indeed they did. I'm now set up for my next £25 order with delivery
inclusive...