Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pantry Light

I'm planning to add a light in my pantry. There is an existing
fused spur unit (3 A fuse) for the central heating boiler supply.
Is there any problem in using the same feed for this light?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris J Dixon wrote:
I'm planning to add a light in my pantry. There is an existing
fused spur unit (3 A fuse) for the central heating boiler supply.
Is there any problem in using the same feed for this light?

Should be fine... Might make sense to add another FCU fed from the same
supply that currently feeds the boiler FCU rather than simply adding the
light to the existing fused outlet, that way you don't lose your heating
when a bulb blows and takes out the fuse.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

3 amp fuse on a boiler?
3 x 240v = 720watts,
so thats less power than a kettle
so its a very small boiler
or have i got something wrong?

--

[george]

~ [g] ~
~ ~
~ 07970 378 572 ~
~
www.dicegeorge.com ~
~ (c)2008 ~
~ ~

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
I'm planning to add a light in my pantry. There is an existing
fused spur unit (3 A fuse) for the central heating boiler supply.
Is there any problem in using the same feed for this light?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:37:05 UTC, "George \(dicegeorge\)"
wrote:

3 amp fuse on a boiler?
3 x 240v = 720watts,
so thats less power than a kettle
so its a very small boiler
or have i got something wrong?

You're not providing power to heat the boiler. The power is just to run
the boiler electrics (small), the programmer/thermostat (very small),
and the pump and valves (a bit more, but not 750W).

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whoops i forgot about gas and oil heating.
its coal and electric here!

sorry

-- [g]

You're not providing power to heat the boiler. The power is just to run
the boiler electrics (small), the programmer/thermostat (very small),
and the pump and valves (a bit more, but not 750W).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris J Dixon wrote:

I'm planning to add a light in my pantry. There is an existing
fused spur unit (3 A fuse) for the central heating boiler supply.
Is there any problem in using the same feed for this light?

Chris

No worries. Using CFL would avoid the potential for a blown
filament bulb to trip the supply to the boiler.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Chris J Dixon wrote:

I'm planning to add a light in my pantry. There is an existing
fused spur unit (3 A fuse) for the central heating boiler supply.
Is there any problem in using the same feed for this light?

Chris

No worries. Using CFL would avoid the potential for a blown
filament bulb to trip the supply to the boiler.

CFL can blow and will take a 5 amp fuse wire out. I have happen twice now.

Adam

Cabinet and Pantry Pullouts [email protected] Woodworking 2 November 14th 07 02:43 PM
A bluey in a pantry John B Woodworking 3 May 23rd 06 08:07 PM
Shelving a small pantry??? Eych Home Repair 1 March 24th 06 08:02 PM
Slide out pantry Richard Home Repair 7 January 9th 06 11:09 PM
Pantry insects Gina and Les Armstrong Home Repair 21 March 10th 05 02:54 PM