Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Delivery times - plumbworld ?

We're looking to order a bath (whirlpool jobbie) and concealed bog /
vanity unit / sink from the above, and now they're "email only", i'm
not sure how quick they're normally delivered.

Has anyone had stuff from them before, and how quickly did it arrive ?

TIA :-}
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Colin Wilson o.uk
wrote:
We're looking to order a bath (whirlpool jobbie) and concealed bog /
vanity unit / sink from the above, and now they're "email only", i'm
not sure how quick they're normally delivered.

Has anyone had stuff from them before, and how quickly did it arrive ?

I recently bought a shower door from them, ordered Monday and arrived
Wednesday. Good comms from them about things actually being in stock and
dispatched, etc.

--
*I'm planning to be spontaneous tomorrow *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I recently bought a shower door from them, ordered Monday and arrived
Wednesday. Good comms from them about things actually being in stock and
dispatched, etc.

Thanks - might need to delay ordering until we know the missus will be
available next week then :-}

I wonder how helpful they're likely to be with carrying it in, faced
with either a woman on her own, or a bloke with a disabled badge :-}
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Colin Wilson" o.uk wrote
in message t...
I recently bought a shower door from them, ordered Monday and arrived
Wednesday. Good comms from them about things actually being in stock and
dispatched, etc.

Thanks - might need to delay ordering until we know the missus will be
available next week then :-}

I wonder how helpful they're likely to be with carrying it in, faced
with either a woman on her own, or a bloke with a disabled badge :-}

Well worth wondering (and worrying) because this is what their delivery T&Cs
say....
"The driver will break down the pallet and move the individual items to a
single location of your choice outside the property. The drivers may be
prepared to assist with moving the items into the property but this is
entirely at their discretion, they are not obliged to do this.

The delivery will be made by a single driver, so if the items you have
ordered are heavy please ensure that an able bodied person is available to
assist the driver with the carrying. For Health and Safety reasons the
driver cannot carry heavy items on his own."

Jim A

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well worth wondering (and worrying) because this is what their delivery T&Cs
say....

Yeah, I spotted them... I suppose it depends on the individual at the
end of the day - they might be as knackered as I am :-}

I suppose depending on how they're (bath in particular) crated, I
could either wiggle it to move it to a lockable passageway at the side
of the house until more help arrived, or sit in a worried crumpled
heap watching it in the cold all day :-}

[off topic] Stats showing letter delivery times? Stu Cooper UK diy 52 December 21st 06 12:20 AM
plumbworld.co.uk Andy MCR UK diy 14 February 1st 06 07:48 PM
Need a different supplier to Plumbworld (NEVER BUY FROM THEM) John Borman UK diy 8 January 14th 05 09:45 AM
Delivery Notification: Delivery has been successful PMDF e-Mail Interconnect UK diy 0 December 12th 03 04:25 AM
Screw Fix delivery times Maximus Glutimus UK diy 27 September 2nd 03 10:36 PM