Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy MCR

Default plumbworld.co.uk

Hello all,

Anyone used plumbworld.co.uk? I was going to order the whirlpool bath
(http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1060-13561), but found several bad reviews
of the company (no phone number etc) .Might go to bathstore instead and
pay a bit extra for the peace of mind.

Any help appreciated.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Andy MCR wrote:
Hello all,

Anyone used plumbworld.co.uk? I was going to order the whirlpool bath
(http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1060-13561), but found several bad reviews
of the company (no phone number etc) .Might go to bathstore instead and
pay a bit extra for the peace of mind.

Any help appreciated.

I got something similar from them just over a year ago. Got a shower
mixer thing too - which I did have a problem with... The "chrome"
coating was coming off one of the shower slider bar thingy covers.

However, to their credit, they did send me a new pair of covers, but it
did take a few emails to get things sorted out - although sending them
a digital photo of the offending object helped them to work out that it
really was defective!

The bath is great though! I had difficulty getting a nice panel to fit it
and ended up making one myself out of something which wasn't really suitable
but will do until I can go something about it ...

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Andy MCR wrote:
Hello all,

Anyone used plumbworld.co.uk? I was going to order the whirlpool bath
(http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1060-13561), but found several bad
reviews of the company (no phone number etc) .Might go to bathstore
instead and pay a bit extra for the peace of mind.

Any help appreciated.

Andy

Yes, go elsewhere judging from their site.
I mean what site leaves out the bad customer feedback. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Anyone used plumbworld.co.uk? I was going to order the whirlpool bath
(http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1060-13561), but found several bad reviews
of the company (no phone number etc) .Might go to bathstore instead and
pay a bit extra for the peace of mind.

I use them fairly frequently. They are responsive to emails. Indeed, I just
had a shower tray delivered from them this morning. I've recently had loads
of other stuff off them. A macerator (poo pump), programmable thermostat, 2
zone valve and a thermostatic shower valve amongst other things, spread
across several orders.

No real problems. Some stuff was out of stock. They emailed estimated
delivery dates and responded promptly when instructed by email to swap out
of stock items for alternatives. The out of stock stuff was generally not
the sort of thing you would expect to have high stock levels (i.e. weird
size shower tray and the macerator) but still arrived within a few days.

The same rules apply to any internet supplier. Always pay by credit card
(not debit card). The Consumer Credit Act is your friend.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pacman

Anyone used plumbworld.co.uk? I was going to order the whirlpool bath
(http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1060-13561), but found several bad
reviews of the company (no phone number etc) .Might go to bathstore
instead and pay a bit extra for the peace of mind.

Any help appreciated.

Andy

Yes, go elsewhere judging from their site.
I mean what site leaves out the bad customer feedback. :-)

I've never used them, but I would use them; they've posted a link to their
feedback rating on eBay
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...862141&frm=284 ,
currently at 99.8%!

Paul

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Andy MCR wrote:

Anyone used plumbworld.co.uk? I was going to order the whirlpool bath

Used them for the first time a couple of weeks ago for some taps which
arrived the following day, no problems at all. I'd certainly use them
again.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterK

"Andy MCR" wrote in message
Hello all,

Anyone used plumbworld.co.uk? I was going to order the whirlpool bath
(http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1060-13561), but found several bad reviews of
the company (no phone number etc) .Might go to bathstore instead and pay a
bit extra for the peace of mind.

Any help appreciated.

Andy

Check out the prices at Homebase if their -50% -15% bathroom offer is still
going. AFAIK all their top end baths are "made" and delivered by
Jacuzzi(sic?)

Peter K

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan

In message , Pacman
wrote

Anyone used plumbworld.co.uk? I was going to order the whirlpool bath
(http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1060-13561), but found several bad
reviews of the company (no phone number etc) .Might go to bathstore
instead and pay a bit extra for the peace of mind.

Any help appreciated.

Andy

Yes, go elsewhere judging from their site.
I mean what site leaves out the bad customer feedback. :-)

I've never used them, but I would use them; they've posted a link to their
feedback rating on eBay
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...serid=plumbwor
lduk&iid=5996862141&frm=284 ,
currently at 99.8%!

Feedback ratings on Ebay are somewhat meaningless. The system is geared
towards the seller.

If a customer gives negative feedback about a seller it is normal for
the seller to _automatically_ give negative feedback about the
customer. As a result few customers who are dissatisfied bother to leave
any feedback at all. A 99.8% positive feedback may exclude the thousands
of dissatisfied customers.

This doesn't mean that Plumbworld isn't a reputable company - just that
you cannot tell reliably from Ebay feedback.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy

Hi,

I bought a condensing boiler from them with various bits and bats, all
arrived as promised, and when I realised I needed an extra flue part
they shipped it out next day for me.

No complaints at all from me !

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2006 15:38 Andy MCR wrote:

Anyone used plumbworld.co.uk?

You might want to have a look at my latest posting in the '
Installing shower tray' thread above...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoff Beale

Andy MCR wrote:

Hello all,

Anyone used plumbworld.co.uk? I was going to order the whirlpool bath
(http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1060-13561), but found several bad reviews
of the company (no phone number etc) .Might go to bathstore instead and
pay a bit extra for the peace of mind.

Any help appreciated.

Andy

Had no problems with taps & other odds & ends. Respond well to emails.

--
Geoff Beale
Extract digit to email
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

If a customer gives negative feedback about a seller it is normal for
the seller to _automatically_ give negative feedback about the
customer. As a result few customers who are dissatisfied bother to leave
any feedback at all. A 99.8% positive feedback may exclude the thousands
of dissatisfied customers.

I wouldn't say that. Although many buyers would not leave negative feedback
and the percentages are, therefore, exagerated, I still think that is a
correlation between seller quality and their feedback rating.

Basically, 99.8% is good. Anything below 98% makes you think.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Check out the prices at Homebase if their -50% -15% bathroom offer is
still
going.

Tell me about it!

I got a cloakroom suite in their sale for my new en-suite. 143 quid. Quality
basin, quality toilet, decent chromed single lever monobloc tap, genunine
chrome (i.e brass, not plastic) waste. I was well impressed when it arrived.
I certainly expected a plastic chromed waste and jagged edges on the tap,
but both items were quality. Pre-sale price was 399 and I suspect the same
from the online suppliers would be around 250-300.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

PeterK wrote:
"Andy MCR" wrote in message
Hello all,

Anyone used plumbworld.co.uk? I was going to order the whirlpool bath
(http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1060-13561), but found several bad reviews of
the company (no phone number etc) .Might go to bathstore instead and pay a
bit extra for the peace of mind.

Any help appreciated.

Andy

Check out the prices at Homebase if their -50% -15% bathroom offer is still
going. AFAIK all their top end baths are "made" and delivered by
Jacuzzi(sic?)

Even their low and mid range is Jacuzzi (or at least our was). Only
problem was when a piece was missing they insisted sending it by
Courier who required a signature even though we both agreed it would
fit through the letterbox and could normally be sent by post. Otherwise
well pleased. Make sure you get a spend and save card.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeff

"Andy MCR" wrote in message
Hello all,

Anyone used plumbworld.co.uk? I was going to order the whirlpool bath
(http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1060-13561), but found several bad reviews
of the company (no phone number etc) .Might go to bathstore instead and
pay a bit extra for the peace of mind.

Any help appreciated.

I had a shower tray and door 2 years ago the door arrived dented and was
swapped next day

Based on that experiance i'd use again

Regards Jeff