Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drilling porcelain tiles

Right - I have a sort of answer. Bought this diamond coated cutter from
Screwfix:-

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/87575/Drill-Bits/Tile-Drills/Diamond-Core-Drill-6mm

And it's not exactly fast but worked. You need to get a centre first for
it - I used a multi-purpose drill bit for this, or one of those flat head
tile drills would probably work too. I used a slow speed - about 200 rpm -
and dipped it in water frequently. Took about 5 minutes for a 6mm hole in
7mm thick tiles.

--
*I speak fluent patriarchy but it's not my mother tongue

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Drilling porcelain tiles Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 16 March 4th 08 03:37 PM
Drilling Porcelain tiles [email protected] UK diy 15 September 19th 06 02:45 PM
Drilling Porcelain Tiles Hamie UK diy 9 November 6th 05 10:42 PM
drilling porcelain Tiles Lawrence Zarb UK diy 5 July 30th 04 02:05 PM
Drilling and cutting porcelain tiles? Rafal UK diy 9 November 6th 03 11:14 AM