Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

Default DealExtreme caution

DealExtreme got a mention a few weeks back in connection with
inexpensive IR thermometers.

I bought one and it was faulty. I arranged to send it back and was told
my return postage would be refunded and a replacement thermometer sent.
I sent it back but have had neither the refund nor the replacement
despite several reminders.

If you're thinking of buying from them you may wish to bear the above in
mind.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"F" wrote in message
DealExtreme got a mention a few weeks back in connection with inexpensive
IR thermometers.

I bought one and it was faulty. I arranged to send it back and was told my
return postage would be refunded and a replacement thermometer sent. I
sent it back but have had neither the refund nor the replacement despite
several reminders.

If you're thinking of buying from them you may wish to bear the above in
mind.

I think they are just slow rather than unscrupulous.
I bought some Wii stuff from them before Christmas when you couldn't get any
Wii stuff in the UK. One of the orders wasn't complete and despite several
emails I never heard anything from them over a 2 week period.
Eventually they emailed and sent the goods as a priority and they arrived
before Santa ;o)

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 29/02/2008 11:34 Steven Campbell wrote:

I think they are just slow rather than unscrupulous.

They were very quick when I placed the original order but now I'm trying
to get the refunds they promised they seem to have gone AWOL.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 29, 11:43*am, F wrote:
On 29/02/2008 11:34 Steven Campbell wrote:

I think they are just slow rather than unscrupulous.

They were very quick when I placed the original order but now I'm trying
to get the refunds they promised they seem to have gone AWOL.

Was Chinese New Year recently, everything grinds to a halt for a
while.

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

In article ,
F wrote:
DealExtreme got a mention a few weeks back in connection with
inexpensive IR thermometers.

[snip]

If you're thinking of buying from them you may wish to bear the above in
mind.

Just to stick up for them a bit, over the last year or so I (and several
friends) have ordered quite a few bits and pieces from them - and the only
problem was a radio controlled helicopter that wasn't the advertised spec.

This was apparantly a mistake that their suppliers had made and even before
it had arrived they had emailed with an offer of either a refund if it was
returned or a hefty credit to the account to compensate. Seemed very fair.

I've personally contacted them a couple of times and aways had a good response.
Granted, they aren't the fastest but given the price, I really can't complain.

As someone mentioned, it has been their new year and they did shut down
for that (having said that, a cable I ordered turned up last week after 9
days so there isn't that much of a delay).

Cheers,

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/02/2008 19:53 dmc wrote:

As someone mentioned, it has been their new year and they did shut down
for that

Well, I've finally got the refund but they seem to be reneging on their
offer to refund the return postage.

Not a good experience.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 28, 11:30*pm, F news@nowhere wrote:
On 29/02/2008 19:53 dmc wrote:

As someone mentioned, it has been their new year and they did shut down
for that

Well, I've finally got the refund but they seem to be reneging on their
offer to refund the return postage.

Not a good experience.

I think this is why their prices are rock bottom.

cheers,
Pete.