Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windmill Failure

It's not easy being green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3FZtmlHwcA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/02/2008 20:15, Vortex3 wrote:

It's not easy being green.

DKUATB, see "dynamo dave" thread
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vortex3" wrote in message
It's not easy being green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3FZtmlHwcA

You are 3 days too late.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anyone know the story behnd that?

I'd guess that the controls to feather the blades in high winds had
failed and the blades bent until they wellied into the tower?

Since they were filming it, I suppose they knew it was going to happen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/02/2008 22:57, Onetap wrote:

Anyone know the story behnd that?

See the other thread for two links to Danish coverage of it

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-02-25 23:12:19 +0000, Andy Burns said:

On 25/02/2008 22:57, Onetap wrote:

Anyone know the story behnd that?

See the other thread for two links to Danish coverage of it

Just think. The greeny firewall will be blocking this now like the
Danish cartoons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-02-25 22:57:37 +0000, Onetap said:

Anyone know the story behnd that?

I'd guess that the controls to feather the blades in high winds had
failed and the blades bent until they wellied into the tower?

Since they were filming it, I suppose they knew it was going to happen.

I still wet myself laughing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadworth wrote:

"Vortex3" wrote in message
It's not easy being green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3FZtmlHwcA

You are 3 days too late.

Adam

Never mind. It all bears repeating.

If it had been a microcurie of leaked radiation from a used condom
discarded by a nuclear power worker, we would never hear the end of it
would we?

But simnce its a windmill, that actually might have killed someone,
"shrug: must have been poor maintenace innit?" 'Oh well, that's all
right then. No need to impose rigorous safety standards and proper
accountability and checks, and a fund for people killed by exploding
windmills then' Nor even to add to the cost of offshore farms the boats
and men who will have to risk their lives making sure the ones in the
middle of the north sea are not 'poorly maintained' etc etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nor even to add to the cost of offshore farms the boats and men who will
have to risk their lives making sure the ones in the middle of the north
sea are not 'poorly maintained' etc etc.

That isn't going to be a problem.. one good storm and there won't be any
windmills.
At least we still have generating capacity to run without them ATM.

WINDMILL J T Woodworking 0 April 23rd 07 04:33 AM
Windmill Part II?? EricP UK diy 41 January 3rd 07 11:28 AM
Windmill restoration Ted UK diy 6 December 12th 06 08:34 AM
Windmill types? Roger_Nickel Metalworking 23 March 15th 06 03:00 AM
Windmill types? Gunner Metalworking 0 March 13th 06 10:02 AM