Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to buy a strange mains lean on a Sunday?

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a mains lead with a C19
connector on a Sunday? These are a higher current (16A) and slightly
larger equivalent of the standard IEC mains inlet connectors, e.g
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...ct&R=311931 5

Just the C19 connector would do, as I could make up the rest.

Thanks
--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a mains lead with a C19
connector on a Sunday? These are a higher current (16A) and slightly
larger equivalent of the standard IEC mains inlet connectors, e.g
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...ct&R=311931 5

Just the C19 connector would do, as I could make up the rest.

Last time I wanted one, got it from http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/
- so if you are up that way...

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-02-23 20:25:10 +0000, (Andrew
Gabriel) said:

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a mains lead with a C19
connector on a Sunday? These are a higher current (16A) and slightly
larger equivalent of the standard IEC mains inlet connectors, e.g
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...ct&R=311931 5

Just

the C19 connector would do, as I could make up the rest.

Thanks

Anywhere selling APC UPSs - the larger ones. These use C19 as the
mains input connector.

Sunday? Hmm...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-02-23 20:25:10 +0000, (Andrew

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...tml?method=get....

Just

the C19 connector would do, as I could make up the rest.

Thanks

Anywhere selling APC UPSs - the larger ones. * These use C19 as the
mains input connector.

Sunday? * Hmm...

Try PC world or Maplins
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a mains lead with a C19
connector on a Sunday? These are a higher current (16A) and slightly
larger equivalent of the standard IEC mains inlet connectors, e.g
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...ct&R=311931 5

Just the C19 connector would do, as I could make up the rest.

Last time I wanted one, got it from http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/
- so if you are up that way...

Sadly not. Was hoping for something in London, or perhaps up to 40
miles out to the North, West, or South of London (should have said
in the original posting). Need 4 of them too.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andrew Gabriel
scribeth thus
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...od=getProduct&

R=3119315

Just the C19 connector would do, as I could make up the rest.

Last time I wanted one, got it from http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/
- so if you are up that way...

Sadly not. Was hoping for something in London, or perhaps up to 40
miles out to the North, West, or South of London (should have said
in the original posting). Need 4 of them too.

I've got a couple around if your that desperate near Cambridge!...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a mains lead with a C19
connector on a Sunday? These are a higher current (16A) and slightly
larger equivalent of the standard IEC mains inlet connectors, e.g
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...?method=getPro
duct&R=3119315

Have you tried Cornwall Electricals ?

(assuming that they haven't morphed into the Pirates of Penzance)

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Rod writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a mains lead with a C19
connector on a Sunday? These are a higher current (16A) and slightly
larger equivalent of the standard IEC mains inlet connectors, e.g
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...ct&R=311931 5

Just the C19 connector would do, as I could make up the rest.

Last time I wanted one, got it from http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/
- so if you are up that way...

Sadly not. Was hoping for something in London, or perhaps up to 40
miles out to the North, West, or South of London (should have said
in the original posting). Need 4 of them too.

Andrew

How about Rapid Electronics in Colchester? They have mains leads with a
C19 connector (stock number 23-6470) and their trade counter is open on
Sundays between 10 am and 2 pm.

Regards

John Storey

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a mains lead with a C19
connector on a Sunday? These are a higher current (16A) and slightly
larger equivalent of the standard IEC mains inlet connectors, e.g
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...ct&R=311931 5

Just the C19 connector would do, as I could make up the rest.

Andrew,

Thinking about anyone searching in the future - did you find anywhere?

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a mains lead with a C19
connector on a Sunday? These are a higher current (16A) and slightly
larger equivalent of the standard IEC mains inlet connectors, e.g
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...ct&R=311931 5

Just the C19 connector would do, as I could make up the rest.

Andrew,

Thinking about anyone searching in the future - did you find anywhere?

No. Rapid Electronics was suggested, but was too far.
I picked one up from Peter (thanks Peter) and I pinched my own
one, which gave me two.

A couple of people mailed asking what it was for. It's a Sun
8000P blade rack. It takes 10 blades, each with 4 Opteron CPUs
on it (i.e. 40 Opterons total). It has 4 x 3kW power supplies;
it requires 3 to work and one redundant. I tried it with just
2 of the power supplies and only 3 blades. The blade chassis
controller booted, but it still wouldn't allow me to power up
any of the blades. I've ordered 4 leads from RS.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
snip
Thinking about anyone searching in the future - did you find anywhere?

No. Rapid Electronics was suggested, but was too far.
I picked one up from Peter (thanks Peter) and I pinched my own
one, which gave me two.

A couple of people mailed asking what it was for. It's a Sun
8000P blade rack. It takes 10 blades, each with 4 Opteron CPUs
on it (i.e. 40 Opterons total). It has 4 x 3kW power supplies;
it requires 3 to work and one redundant. I tried it with just
2 of the power supplies and only 3 blades. The blade chassis
controller booted, but it still wouldn't allow me to power up
any of the blades. I've ordered 4 leads from RS.

Andrew,

Thanks - nice to know either way.

I know these people are a) good, b) have C19 kit, c) are in North London
but d) are closed on Sundays so did not mention them befo

http://www.videkonline.co.uk/home.asp

(Typing C19 into the search box is sufficient.)

Should have done so as they are open Mondays.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-02-25 16:24:28 +0000, (Andrew
Gabriel) said:

In article ,
Rod writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
[...]

12kW. Was this a boiler replacement? ;-)