Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sticking foam to plywood?

I require to stick upholstery foam to plywood and would like to know
the best adhesive to use?

Regards
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:03:48 GMT,it is alleged that ".newman"
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

I require to stick upholstery foam to plywood and would like to know
the best adhesive to use?

Regards

Spray adhesive,
http://www.fabricuk.com/showspecial.php?id=24
available from most carpet and upholstery suppliers, even a friendly
carpet fitter might sell you a can for cost.

--
_
( ) ASCII ribbon campaign against html e-mail
Posted to uk.d-i-y

..newman wrote:
I require to stick upholstery foam to plywood and would like to know
the best adhesive to use?

Regards

Copydex or some sort of latex or contact adhesive.

PVA WILL sort of work well enough, but takes a long time to set.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:03:48 GMT, ".newman"
wrote:

I require to stick upholstery foam to plywood and would like to know
the best adhesive to use?

Vinyl and carpet adhesive. Get yourself a packet of latex gloves too -
if it gets on your hands it's a sod to get off.
I use this glue to stick foam and polystyrene to various surfaces,
where a solvent-based glue would eat into the materials.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

".newman" wrote in message
I require to stick upholstery foam to plywood and would like to know
the best adhesive to use?

Regards

I have used evostik contact adhesive to good effect for this sort of thing

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

".newman" wrote:

I require to stick upholstery foam to plywood and would like to know
the best adhesive to use?

Regards

Thank you

I used some contact adhesive I had from a previous job and it seemed to
have worked ok.

Regards