Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gluing foam to plywood

Whats the best way to attach foam to a sheet of plywood. I do not want
to use any staples. This is going to be used for a head board.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Whats the best way to attach foam to a sheet of plywood. I do not want
to use any staples. This is going to be used for a head board.

What type of foam? Most will hold with the 3M 77 spray adhesive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Whats the best way to attach foam to a sheet of plywood. I do not want
to use any staples. This is going to be used for a head board.

Spray foam (the one for insulation) will stick to almost to anything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 28, 10:13 am, "bdeditch" wrote:
Whats the best way to attach foam to a sheet of plywood. I do not want
to use any staples. This is going to be used for a head board.

Liquid nails or construction adhesive has worked for me. What kind of
head board do you mean. For a bed????

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28 Jan 2007 08:13:46 -0800, "bdeditch" wrote:

Whats the best way to attach foam to a sheet of plywood. I do not want
to use any staples. This is going to be used for a head board.

Spray on contact cement comes to mind, but I've never made a
headboard.

tom @ www.FreeCreditCheckGuide.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Foam board adhesive is made this purpose. 3.99 for a 28oz tube at menards.

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Whats the best way to attach foam to a sheet of plywood. I do not want
to use any staples. This is going to be used for a head board.

Posted to alt.home.repair

bdeditch wrote:
Whats the best way to attach foam to a sheet of plywood. I do not want
to use any staples. This is going to be used for a head board.

What kind of foam. It is the hard stuff or soft like would be used in a
cushion?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Its for a head board for a bed. It will be 1 to 2 inches thick. The
same type they use for chairs and mats for sleeping bags.

On Jan 28, 11:02 am, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
bdeditch wrote:
Whats the best way to attach foam to a sheet of plywood. I do not want
to use any staples. This is going to be used for a head board. What kind of foam. It is the hard stuff or soft like would be used in a

cushion?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Whats the best way to attach foam to a sheet of plywood. I do not want
to use any staples. This is going to be used for a head board.

What type of foam? Most will hold with the 3M 77 spray adhesive.

That's what I used when I used to upholster.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 28, 5:29 pm, "bdeditch" wrote:
Its for a head board for a bed. It will be 1 to 2 inches thick. The
same type they use for chairs and mats for sleeping bags.

Oh now I get it. You want a padded headboad to soften the impacts
during rough sex, hehe. What you might prefer is an upholstered
head board. Every city has someone who does upholstery and would love
to build what you want. That way you will have something that looks
nice and also serves the function desired.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28 Jan 2007 08:13:46 -0800, "bdeditch" wrote:

Whats the best way to attach foam to a sheet of plywood. I do not want
to use any staples. This is going to be used for a head board.

Wrap it in canvas, with ties like a giant seat cushion, and
tie it to the same loops the restraints hook onto.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 29, 8:38 am, "Lawrence" wrote:
On Jan 28, 5:29 pm, "bdeditch" wrote: Its for a head board for a bed. It will be 1 to 2 inches thick. The
same type they use for chairs and mats for sleeping bags.

Oh now I get it. You want a padded headboad to soften the impacts
during rough sex, hehe. What you might prefer is an upholstered
head board. Every city has someone who does upholstery and would love
to build what you want. That way you will have something that looks
nice and also serves the function desired.

Thats the ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Edwin Pawlowski, david whitmore wrote:
will it hold 1/2 inch plywood to 1 1/2 styrofoam out doors

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...od-189249-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to david whitmore, Bobby wrote:
I think it will. You can also use a waterproof wood glue like one of the
Titebond or epoxy.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...od-189249-.htm