Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Diplomat and Howdens:(

Around three years ago we bought a kitchen suite from this outfit.

Unfortunately the fridge unit has packed up and works more as a freezer
than a fridge.

Their service outfit "Extra Care" want the postcode and despite giving
then the one from the post orifice they can't find it on their "system".

They might have a way around that but they must have the model number
bit thats nowhere to be found on the unit

Howdens need everything put in writing as a complaint but I need to get
the poxy thing fixed (they haven't got contact details on their website)

On the underside its got a motor with Electrolux writ thereon, so I
presume this diplomat crap is a re badged unit?.

Anyone have any idea what make it might be before it was re-badged?..

Even a Electrolux ???

TIA...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote:

[...]

I believe that Diplomat appliances are imported by Slemcka. They may be able
to help you:
http://www.applegate.co.uk/company/12/03/611.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote in

Around three years ago we bought a kitchen suite from this outfit.

Unfortunately the fridge unit has packed up and works more as a
freezer than a fridge.

Their service outfit "Extra Care" want the postcode and despite giving
then the one from the post orifice they can't find it on their
"system".

They might have a way around that but they must have the model number
bit thats nowhere to be found on the unit

Howdens need everything put in writing as a complaint but I need to
get the poxy thing fixed (they haven't got contact details on their
website)

Not much help with the fridge, I'm afraid, but you might point out to them
that they are required to have contact details on their site.

http://www.out-law.com/page-7594

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , DIY
scribeth thus
"tony sayer" wrote:

[...]

Seems not .. according to them. They did import a small fridge with a
name like that but nothing to do with the Howdens cack...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote in
:

Around three years ago we bought a kitchen suite from this outfit.

Unfortunately the fridge unit has packed up and works more as a
freezer than a fridge.

Their service outfit "Extra Care" want the postcode and despite
giving then the one from the post orifice they can't find it on
their "system".

They might have a way around that but they must have the model
number bit thats nowhere to be found on the unit

Howdens need everything put in writing as a complaint but I need
to get the poxy thing fixed (they haven't got contact details on
their website)

On the underside its got a motor with Electrolux writ thereon, so
I presume this diplomat crap is a re badged unit?.

Anyone have any idea what make it might be before it was
re-badged?..

Howdens used to be the trade arm of MFI. Not sure of the ownership at
present. Anyway, that doesn't address the problem...

Try posting in the forums over on this site:
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/

Hope this helps

--
Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.

Diplomat white goods!... tony sayer UK diy 2 October 8th 07 02:50 PM
Diplomat Extrusions Windows Chippy Roy UK diy 6 March 20th 07 01:20 PM
Howdens/Prices. Windy Miller UK diy 8 October 1st 05 09:21 PM
Looking for data on diplomat fridge Fred UK diy 5 May 19th 05 09:22 PM
Diplomat Dishwasher ADP 8132 NevB UK diy 2 October 22nd 04 08:46 PM