Junior Member

Location: South Coast, UK
Default Diplomat Extrusions Windows

About 10 years ago I had new pvcu windows installed but now I have a problem with the slide locking bar operated by the handle and need to replace it. The firm that supplied the windows are no longer and I have tried to contact Diplomat Extrusions to no avail, email gets sent back and no one answers the phone so I am thinking that they to are no longer in business. Can some one help me in any way. I live in Sussex
Chippy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chippy Roy wrote:

About 10 years ago I had new pvcu windows installed but now I have a
problem with the slide locking bar operated by the handle and need to
replace it. The firm that supplied the windows are no longer and I
have tried to contact Diplomat Extrusions to no avail, email gets
sent back and no one answers the phone so I am thinking that they to
are no longer in business. Can some one help me in any way. I live in
Sussex

Chippy

The item is known as an "espagnolette locking mechanism" and is pretty
universal.
Measure the length of the bar and the distance between the "keeps" on
the transom/mullion.
If you call or visit a local PVCu frame fabricator there is a good
chance that you will be able to get a replacement at very little cost.

HTH

--
"S'ils te mordent, mords-les"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chippy Roy wrote:
About 10 years ago I had new pvcu windows installed but now I have a
problem with the slide locking bar operated by the handle and need to
replace it. The firm that supplied the windows are no longer and I have
tried to contact Diplomat Extrusions to no avail, email gets sent back
and no one answers the phone so I am thinking that they to are no
longer in business. Can some one help me in any way. I live in Sussex

Chippy

Should be plenty of DG repair firms in Yellow Pages. The fittings are
usually standard.
Not an area I've had much luck with on a d-i-y basis. Time consuming to
source the bits and local firms don't seem to be that expensive in my area.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
DIY DIY is offline

"Chippy Roy" wrote:

About 10 years ago I had new pvcu windows installed but now I have a
problem with the slide locking bar operated by the handle and need to
replace it. The firm that supplied the windows are no longer and I have
tried to contact Diplomat Extrusions to no avail, email gets sent back
and no one answers the phone so I am thinking that they to are no
longer in business. Can some one help me in any way. I live in Sussex

Try http://doubleglazingsparesandrepairs...ndowlocks.html
Scroll down to Window Espagnolette Locks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:

Chippy Roy wrote:
About 10 years ago I had new pvcu windows installed but now I have a
problem with the slide locking bar operated by the handle and need
to replace it. The firm that supplied the windows are no longer and
I have tried to contact Diplomat Extrusions to no avail, email gets
sent back and no one answers the phone so I am thinking that they
to are no longer in business. Can some one help me in any way. I
live in Sussex Chippy

Time consuming to source the bits and local firms don't seem
to be that expensive in my area.

Cheaper than this?

http://www.hdhardware.co.uk/product_...144&products_i
d=104&osCsid=9ee206c819ec1d056e6969794e6b00da

(Watch out for the wrap on the URL)

--
"S'ils te mordent, mords-les"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ziggur" wrote in message
Stuart Noble wrote:

Chippy Roy wrote:
About 10 years ago I had new pvcu windows installed but now I have a
problem with the slide locking bar operated by the handle and need
to replace it. The firm that supplied the windows are no longer and
I have tried to contact Diplomat Extrusions to no avail, email gets
sent back and no one answers the phone so I am thinking that they
to are no longer in business. Can some one help me in any way. I
live in Sussex Chippy

Time consuming to source the bits and local firms don't seem
to be that expensive in my area.

Cheaper than this?

http://www.hdhardware.co.uk/product_...144&products_i
d=104&osCsid=9ee206c819ec1d056e6969794e6b00da

(Watch out for the wrap on the URL)

Watch out for your session ID on the URL too, otherwise you may end up with
people placing orders on your account. Try this shorter URL:

http://www.hdhardware.co.uk/product_...roducts_id=104

-- JJ

Junior Member

Location: South Coast, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy Roy
About 10 years ago I had new pvcu windows installed but now I have a problem with the slide locking bar operated by the handle and need to replace it. The firm that supplied the windows are no longer and I have tried to contact Diplomat Extrusions to no avail, email gets sent back and no one answers the phone so I am thinking that they to are no longer in business. Can some one help me in any way. I live in Sussex
Chippy
Hi all,I have managed to get in touch with Diplomat Extrusions who are sorting things out for me.Thanks for your help. Chippy