Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Strange new stop-cock - key required.

I've got to turn the water off soon, and as there is no accessible stop
cock inside the house, I'll have to turn off the stop cock in the
driveway.
This was replaced less than 2 years ago, and when I went to have a look
today, found it wasnt anything like what I was expecting.
The top is just a wheel, maybe 4 inches across, with 2 half round
cut-outs opposite each other, for, I presume a custom made key to fit
them. It is too far down to reach, as well as almost touching the side
walls, so impossible to turn by hand.
This is in SevernTrent waters district.

The most similar pic I can find is this one he
http://www.galvinengineering.com.au/...ge&ID=8886&Obj
ectType=3&ObjectID=747
Though the one I have is larger, with a cut out on either side for the
spanner/key.

Does anyone know where I can buy such a key to turn off the water?
And is it likely to be multi-turn to turn off, or just quarter/half.
Thanks
Alan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 16, 8:18*pm, (A.Lee) wrote:
[...]

In the area covered by Anglian Water, they supply a key, could ask
SevernTrent nicely, they may do. My stopcock next to meter, turns
off in about half-turn. You would have thought these things and
procedures were standardised by now!