Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boss white

Confession:

I have used red Boss white on the taps for the Kitchen (not connected
yet)

I then noticed that it states for potable duties use Boss Supergreen
but it also says non-toxic

Any advice

TIA David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:49:29 -0800, David Sims wrote:

I have used red Boss white on the taps for the Kitchen (not connected
yet)

I then noticed that it states for potable duties use Boss Supergreen
but it also says non-toxic

It may not be toxic but it's still not approved for potable services.

How do you use it on taps anyway? You make the connection with a
tap connector with either a traditional fibre owasher or a rubber
one if it's a pushfit fitting: in either case no jointing compound
is required.

--
John Stumbles

A: Because it messes up the order in which people read text.
Q: Why is top-posting a bad thing?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Sims wrote:

Confession:

I have used red Boss white on the taps for the Kitchen (not connected
yet)

I then noticed that it states for potable duties use Boss Supergreen
but it also says non-toxic

Any advice

TIA David

I don't know what this 'potable' business is all about! When Adam was a lad
there was only one sort of Boss White, which you used on everything - and
no-one died as a result, as far as I know!

Where exactly did you use it?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 15, 2:56*pm, "Roger Mills" wrote:
David Sims *wrote:

Confession:

I have used red Boss white on the taps for *the Kitchen (not connected
yet)

I then noticed that it states for potable duties use Boss Supergreen
but it also says non-toxic

Any advice

TIA David

I don't know what this 'potable' business is all about! When Adam was a lad
there was only one sort of Boss White, which you used on everything - and
no-one died as a result, as far as I know!

Where exactly did you use it?

..and it was white, well, it wasn't red or green.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Sims wrote:

Confession:

I have used red Boss white on the taps for the Kitchen (not
connected yet)

I then noticed that it states for potable duties use Boss Supergreen
but it also says non-toxic

Any advice

TIA David

I don't know what this 'potable' business is all about! When Adam
was a lad there was only one sort of Boss White, which you used on
everything - and no-one died as a result, as far as I know!

Where exactly did you use it?

..and it was white, well, it wasn't red or green.

Well, a sort of beige colour - as Hawk White, which I'm currently using,
still is.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I used it on the threads for the compression male tap connectors

When I say red that's the lid colour that was to distinguish the type
(it's beige inside)

Thanks for the replies

Where exactly did you use it?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Sims wrote:

Where exactly did you use it?

I used it on the threads for the compression male tap connectors

When I say red that's the lid colour that was to distinguish the type
(it's beige inside)

Thanks for the replies

Not really necessary - but it's unlikely to come in contact with the water
anyway - don't worry about it!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Help needed with identifying cause for dirty white illumination in LCD monitors. Looks yellowish / off white! Chad Entringer Electronics Repair 6 July 22nd 07 02:05 PM
Nancy Loves George: The Elites-Driven 'White Trashing of America' to Degrade, Demoralize & Replace White America fred Home Repair 0 November 5th 06 01:54 PM
Strap On Boss Lenny Brown UK diy 4 January 29th 06 10:49 PM
PTFE or Boss White? Mogweed UK diy 0 March 13th 05 05:24 PM