Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom locks - forend only required

Hi

I am replacing all the door furniture to satin nickel (currently brass). I
am having to buy 3 complete bathroom locks (£19.99 each) purely to get the
nickel forend plate. Is it possible to just buy the forend from anywhere?

Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

diy-newby wrote:
Hi

I am replacing all the door furniture to satin nickel (currently
brass). I am having to buy 3 complete bathroom locks (£19.99 each)
purely to get the nickel forend plate. Is it possible to just buy
the forend from anywhere?
Cheers

Dictionary.com and thesaurus.com both failed to find any matches for
'forend'.

What bit do you want?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:39:22 +0000, Phil L wrote:

diy-newby wrote:
Hi

I am replacing all the door furniture to satin nickel (currently
brass). I am having to buy 3 complete bathroom locks (£19.99 each)
purely to get the nickel forend plate. Is it possible to just buy the
forend from anywhere?
Cheers

Dictionary.com and thesaurus.com both failed to find any matches for
'forend'.

What bit do you want?

I think he wants the fore-end plate.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

diy-newby wrote:
Hi

I am replacing all the door furniture to satin nickel (currently
brass). I am having to buy 3 complete bathroom locks (£19.99 each)
purely to get the nickel forend plate. Is it possible to just buy the
forend from anywhere?
Cheers

Dictionary.com and thesaurus.com both failed to find any matches for
'forend'.

What bit do you want?

I think he wants the fore-end plate.

Which is listed here
http://www.nichelocks.com/catalog/in...id=2&chapter=0

but I'm still not sure which part it is .Is it the part of the lock
that the screws fit through to secure the lock in it's recess in the
door or is it the plate that fits over that ,held by a couple of grub
screws, to make it look neater ..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

diy-newby wrote:
Hi

I am replacing all the door furniture to satin nickel (currently
brass). I am having to buy 3 complete bathroom locks (£19.99 each)
purely to get the nickel forend plate. Is it possible to just buy
the forend from anywhere?
Cheers

Dictionary.com and thesaurus.com both failed to find any matches for
'forend'.

What bit do you want?

I think he wants the fore-end plate.

Which is listed here
http://www.nichelocks.com/catalog/index.php?

main_page=page&id=2&chapter=0

but I'm still not sure which part it is .Is it the part of the lock
that the screws fit through to secure the lock in it's recess in the
door or is it the plate that fits over that ,held by a couple of grub
screws, to make it look neater ..

yes, the latter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

diy-newby wrote:
[...]

Yes, it's the plate which covers the outside edge of the lock (the bit you
see when the lock is in the door). As main post, replacing all door
furniture to nickel, had to buy 3 new locks just so the forend plate would
match the rest of the furniture.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"diy-newby" wrote in message ...
Hi

I am replacing all the door furniture to satin nickel (currently brass).
I am having to buy 3 complete bathroom locks (£19.99 each) purely to get
the nickel forend plate. Is it possible to just buy the forend from
anywhere?

Look for an Architectural Ironmonger. They tend to be rare, but sell
everything you could want in the way of door furniture.. There will probably
be a bloke in a brown coat who knows exactly which anonymous brown box,
stacked around the shop, contains just what you want.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

diy-newby wrote:
[...]

I appreciate it is the bit you "see" when the lock is in the door but
how often would they actually be seen ..When folk open the door are
they likely to be looking at the plate to see if it matches and when
the doors are closed they won't be seen anyway . .

Bathroom Locks Andrew May UK diy 0 September 21st 07 01:07 PM
Rim Locks the_constructor UK diy 5 December 31st 06 08:27 AM
Air Locks? Chloe UK diy 11 November 19th 04 05:26 PM
Bathroom Paint - Required? Charles Middleton UK diy 7 March 12th 04 01:08 AM
Bathroom lights - what's allowed/required? [email protected] UK diy 16 October 15th 03 11:26 PM