Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix Gloss Paint

Hi guys

Has anyone used the Gloss paint screwfix sell?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/11842/...e-Paint-2-5Ltr

Normally use Dulux but the screwfix stuff is significantly cheaper. Is it
any good?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes - I'm a bit of a quality freak, and it was much better than I
expected. I used it for exterior work in new pine, using Screwfix
primer and undecoat - and was very happy with it's ability to form a
smooth, thin, hard coating.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Yes - I'm a bit of a quality freak, and it was much better than I
expected. I used it for exterior work in new pine, using Screwfix
primer and undecoat - and was very happy with it's ability to form a
smooth, thin, hard coating.

Thanks for the reply. Does it feel like 'budget' paint. Have bought some
'budget' type paint before (basecoat), abliet from B&Q (think B&Q call it
VALUE) and it was terrible.

It's for a hallway and banister (9 doors along with skirting). Don't want
to paint everything, only to find it is rubbish. Normally use Dulux for
gloss but have just seen the screwfix stuff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It suited me. I can't promise it will suit you. Only answer is to
paint some test samples.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

diy-newby wrote:

Has anyone used the Gloss paint screwfix sell?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/11842/...e-Paint-2-5Ltr

Normally use Dulux but the screwfix stuff is significantly cheaper. Is it
any good?

Haven't used that paint specifically, but Leyland in general is pretty
good stuff (it can't be compared to the cheapo shed-branded stuff). Lots
of pros use it.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
diy-newby wrote:

Has anyone used the Gloss paint screwfix sell?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/11842/...e-Paint-2-5Ltr

Normally use Dulux but the screwfix stuff is significantly cheaper. Is it
any good?

Haven't used that paint specifically, but Leyland in general is pretty
good stuff (it can't be compared to the cheapo shed-branded stuff). Lots
of pros use it.

David

Hear hear, Leyland is excellent stuff. Its not worth skimping on
paints - I've tried.

NT

What has happened to gloss paint? [email protected] UK diy 55 September 30th 07 07:35 PM
Gah...gloss paint Ben UK diy 24 April 8th 07 08:10 PM
OK to Paint over New Gloss? [email protected] UK diy 1 June 1st 06 11:08 AM
Emulsion paint on top of gloss? Mark UK diy 2 April 22nd 06 01:31 PM
Gloss paint and age-discolouration Frank Z UK diy 1 August 4th 03 08:22 AM