Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CH Inhibitor Fernox MB1 or F1 (or screwfix)

Hi,

I have a open pumped CH/Gravity HW system. I need to refill with inhibitor,
but am confused if which I should use.

Fernox produce MB1 and F1 but it is not clear what the
advantages/disadvantages of each are? Alternativly I have looked at Screwfix
No Nonsense range.

The house is a 4 bed, with 11 rads. How much inhibitor should I be using? I
am guess at 1 bottle of MB1/F2, or using 2 for screwfix.

What is the consensus on which inhibitor to use here?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim" wrote

Hi,

I have a open pumped CH/Gravity HW system. I need to refill with
inhibitor, but am confused if which I should use.

Fernox produce MB1 and F1 but it is not clear what the
advantages/disadvantages of each are? Alternativly I have looked at
Screwfix No Nonsense range.

The house is a 4 bed, with 11 rads. How much inhibitor should I be using?
I am guess at 1 bottle of MB1/F2, or using 2 for screwfix.

What is the consensus on which inhibitor to use here?

Fernox - no question.
Likely 1 bottle is OK.
Check with their excellent support for true dosage, recommended product etc.
The other rated inhitor is Sentinel but I have found better results with
Fernox.
No commercial interest, just satisfied customer (along with many other
members of this group)

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim" wrote in message
. uk...

Fernox - no question.
Likely 1 bottle is OK.
Check with their excellent support for true dosage, recommended product
etc.

Is the MB1 or F1?

Check the specs - I think F1 has antifreeze.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
. uk...

Fernox - no question.
Likely 1 bottle is OK.
Check with their excellent support for true dosage, recommended product
etc.

Is the MB1 or F1?

Check the specs - I think F1 has antifreeze.

The specs are near-as-darnit identical (MB-1 quotes the pH of the
solution not just the concentrate, and there are some other trivial
changes). And the link "Download safety data sheets" gets you to "Email
to request copies of safety data sheets for all of our
chemical products".

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:

John wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
. uk...

Fernox - no question.
Likely 1 bottle is OK.
Check with their excellent support for true dosage, recommended
product etc.

Is the MB1 or F1?

Check the specs - I think F1 has antifreeze.

The specs are near-as-darnit identical (MB-1 quotes the pH of the
solution not just the concentrate, and there are some other trivial
changes). And the link "Download safety data sheets" gets you to "Email
to request copies of safety data sheets for all of our
chemical products".

On this subject of central heating, how long can I leave cleaner in my
system?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:
John wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
. uk...

Fernox - no question.
Likely 1 bottle is OK.
Check with their excellent support for true dosage, recommended
product etc.

Is the MB1 or F1?

Check the specs - I think F1 has antifreeze.

The specs are near-as-darnit identical (MB-1 quotes the pH of the
solution not just the concentrate, and there are some other trivial
changes). And the link "Download safety data sheets" gets you to "Email
to request copies of safety data sheets for all of our
chemical products".

Andy

A HAH! a little rummage gets me a safety data sheet.

MB-1 contains 1-5% triethanolamine
(so 40-200 ml active ingredient per bottle)

F1 contains:
triethanolamine 20-30%
boric acid 15-20%
2,2'-iminodiethanol 1-5%
1h-benzotriazole 1-5%
molybdenum trioxide 1-5%
(which is 100-150ml triethanolamine per bottle, plus the other stuff,
for about the same price...)

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Where to buy Fernox? Andy Champ UK diy 6 February 2nd 08 11:05 PM
Fernox F1 vs Fernox MB1 Martin Pentreath UK diy 5 June 7th 07 09:36 PM
Which Fernox Cleaner ?? Chris & Patsy UK diy 0 August 20th 06 08:35 PM
Using Central heating WITHOUT fernox inhibitor Kevin Brady UK diy 42 November 6th 05 09:43 PM
Fernox Rust inhibitor or whatever it's called AK UK diy 13 September 21st 04 12:44 PM