Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default Vacuum storage bags

So once more to the fount of all knowledge

Anybody found a really cheap supply of these bags as I need to reduce the
size on a number of double and King size winter duvets and sleeping bags

Or is this really as good as it says
http://www.bagbutton.co.uk/

Also found these which seem too good a price to be true
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160200765007

any comments appreciated

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMC wrote:
So once more to the fount of all knowledge

Anybody found a really cheap supply of these bags as I need to reduce the
size on a number of double and King size winter duvets and sleeping bags

Or is this really as good as it says
http://www.bagbutton.co.uk/

Also found these which seem too good a price to be true
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160200765007

any comments appreciated

Tony

I am told that Woolworths have them at a good price but I have no direct
experience.

There was a thread elsewhere recently about using them as a low cost
vacuum veneer press.

Andrew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:49:06 -0000, "TMC" wrote:

So once more to the fount of all knowledge

Anybody found a really cheap supply of these bags as I need to reduce the
size on a number of double and King size winter duvets and sleeping bags

Or is this really as good as it says
http://www.bagbutton.co.uk/

Also found these which seem too good a price to be true
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160200765007

any comments appreciated

Tony

£8.48 for 6 .There is certainly no shortage of similar items .All the
sellers appear to be operating the same way .Low BIN price and about
£7-8 postage to balance things up .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message
So once more to the fount of all knowledge

Anybody found a really cheap supply of these bags as I need to reduce the
size on a number of double and King size winter duvets and sleeping bags

Or is this really as good as it says
http://www.bagbutton.co.uk/

Also found these which seem too good a price to be true
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160200765007

any comments appreciated

Tony

I bought quite a big "selection box" of these at Costco. Sorry can't
remember the price but they weren't vastly expensive.

Lots of our spare duvets and pillows are now stored in a remarkably small
space.

Regards,
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , TMC
writes
So once more to the fount of all knowledge

Anybody found a really cheap supply of these bags as I need to reduce the
size on a number of double and King size winter duvets and sleeping bags

Or is this really as good as it says
http://www.bagbutton.co.uk/

Looks fiddly and is expensive for a couple of bits of plastic. Also, one
of their examples was a sleeping bag they could get back in its carrying
bag - that's pathetic IMO.

Also found these which seem too good a price to be true
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160200765007

107 negatives and 42 neutrals in the last month with a lot of people
complaining about non-delivery/lack of communication would put me off
buying from that seller.

--
Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:05:59 +0000, Si $3o&m wrote:

In message , TMC
writes
So once more to the fount of all knowledge

Anybody found a really cheap supply of these bags as I need to reduce the
size on a number of double and King size winter duvets and sleeping bags

Or is this really as good as it says
http://www.bagbutton.co.uk/

Looks fiddly and is expensive for a couple of bits of plastic. Also, one
of their examples was a sleeping bag they could get back in its carrying
bag - that's pathetic IMO.

Also found these which seem too good a price to be true
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160200765007

107 negatives and 42 neutrals in the last month with a lot of people
complaining about non-delivery/lack of communication would put me off
buying from that seller.

107 negs /42 Neutrals in one month .Jeez .That's Bad
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message
So once more to the fount of all knowledge

Anybody found a really cheap supply of these bags as I need to reduce the
size on a number of double and King size winter duvets and sleeping bags

Or is this really as good as it says
http://www.bagbutton.co.uk/

Also found these which seem too good a price to be true
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160200765007

any comments appreciated

Tony

Can't remember where I bought ours but they were very cheap.

They weren't the vacuum cleaner type though, I simply sat on them until the
air was almost all gone and the stuff was flat then zipped the bags and put
them under the bed before they could re-inflat.

So far it's worked.

Save your carbon footprint, squash them rather than have the hassle and
expense of using your cleaner.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message
So once more to the fount of all knowledge

Anybody found a really cheap supply of these bags as I need to reduce the
size on a number of double and King size winter duvets and sleeping bags

Or is this really as good as it says
http://www.bagbutton.co.uk/

Also found these which seem too good a price to be true
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160200765007

any comments appreciated

Tony

Aldi had them last week as part of their weekly offers, one large and one
small for 6.99 IIRC. We bought a couple and they seem to work well..

The stores may have some left..

Des

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Jan, 16:49, "TMC" wrote:
So once more to the fount of all knowledge

Anybody found a really cheap supply of these bags as I need to reduce the
size on a number of double and King size winter duvets and sleeping bags

Or is this really as good as it sayshttp://www.bagbutton.co.uk/

Also found these which seem too good a price to be true
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160200765007

any comments appreciated

Tony

Be very careful about what you are vacuum flat. I do not know I admit
about fibre type duvets and pillows, but if they are feather, it is
not recommended as the pressure damages the feather structure and the
item will lose it's bulk.

Particularly applies to feather sleeping bags. I would have thought
that the ability of fibre duvets and bags might well also be
compromised by excess pressure on the material.

Rob

Rob