Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ignorance is bliss.... or expensive - help me! IDC cable.

Right then, I need to make a couple of cables with some plugs on, it is IDC
stuff, I went to CPC today and spent £40 on stuff much of which is useless
to me!

1st cable has a 10 way (2x5) connector on one end,
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/pr...sp?sku=CN04734
at the other end is a 15 way D socket (not all pins wired obviously)
I managed to get the 10 way right just need to get some 15 way sockets
instead of plugs but ended up with cable which is too thick, I picked it
from the catalogue, fekk knows what it is I can't find it online, am I
correct in thinking that I need 0.05 inch pitch stuff?

2nd cable has 3 separate plugs (sockets?) on one side, they look very much
like floppy drive power connectors and are 4 way, are these KK? I can't find
a IDC version online.

Any help or input appreciated, in particular advice WRT different cable and
plug types and qualities, it's a minefield out there!

Cheers,
Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"R D S" writes:
Any help or input appreciated, in particular advice WRT different cable and
plug types and qualities, it's a minefield out there!

A picture is worth 1000 words.
I have made up strange cables a bit like this for special
purposes, but you've given far too little info to go on.
What's it for?

--
Andrew Gabriel