Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Default GCH timer fuse problem

The gch of my flat is a wall mounted "Apollo" Thorn EMI boiler, "Towerchron" -clocktype timer with adjacent fused socket. The pump is less than 2yrs old and the rest is the original which came with the flat.
In the last month the fused(5amp fuse) socket of the timer has blown twice. If I remove the clock face of the timer and treat any moving parts with WD40 is this likely to help the problem or is it just a 2time coincidence?
Thank you.