Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Band Saw at Aldi On Sunday

I don't think they've had this on offer before?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...02sunday08.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:

I don't think they've had this on offer before?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...02sunday08.htm

Hmm an endless belt of sharp metal whirling around just inches from my
face in a container built down to the lowest possible price.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-01-02 18:32:44 +0000, "George" said:

I don't think they've had this on offer before?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...02sunday08.htm

Probably best, really....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 2, 6:37 pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
George wrote:
I don't think they've had this on offer before?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...02sunday08.htm

Hmm an endless belt of sharp metal whirling around just inches from my
face in a container built down to the lowest possible price.

Hmmmm, now that you mention it.... and I was toying with the idea of
getting one too!

In truth though, I'd be surprised if it was any more dangerous than
any other band saw. More failure prone maybe and less accurate (like a
cheap jig saw) quite possibly, but I'd be surprised if it developed a
reputation for flying apart and into people's faces.

Still, time may very well tell.
--
Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
George wrote:

I don't think they've had this on offer before?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...02sunday08.htm

Hmm an endless belt of sharp metal whirling around just inches from my
face in a container built down to the lowest possible price.

Funny you should say that...I havn't had belts of flying metal from their
Bench Saw bought 3 years ago,although its accuracy leaves a lot to be
desired with a fine cut blade it rips wood perfectly.

Suggest you try their power tools before knocking your knees together,for
the price they are good tools if your are not a perfectionist.
I've only got a gripe about their electrical stuff which is ****e.