Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wc waste pipe help please before I get poo on my floor

Hi gents, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here.

I have a flexi 4" standard waste attached to our soilstack by a
plumber months ago all ready for me to fit new toilet etc when I
eventually bought one (now I have it and am trying to fit it) He said
it would be easy and I just need to push the loo to the wall and make
sure the (spigot I think its called) is pushed firmly into the flexi
waste and bingo - job done

Anyway now I have the fancy loo its not as easy as I had hoped. The
spigot isnt dead straight in size and not a uniform 4" or whatever, it
seems to be a bit fatter at the toilet body end and tapering off to
about 4" where it meets the flexi waste. This is a nightmare is it
hardly pushes on to the spigot at all (maybe 1 or 2 cms max). I dont
want to risk flushing the loo with it only on by this much is there a
solution for these non standard toilet with less than helpful
outlets ???

I have tried smearing with silicon grease etc and it goes on a bit
better but then flies off the moment you let go

I have also now (probably had a mare with this bit) tried smearing
plumbers mait all over it thinking its sticky and might hold it on
better :-(

Thanks in advance guys
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

read up here ...
http://www.multikwik.com/pdfs/Multik...bers_Guide.pdf

Jim A

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Hi gents, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here.

I have a flexi 4" standard waste attached to our soilstack by a
plumber months ago all ready for me to fit new toilet etc when I
eventually bought one (now I have it and am trying to fit it) He said
it would be easy and I just need to push the loo to the wall and make
sure the (spigot I think its called) is pushed firmly into the flexi
waste and bingo - job done

Not sure what you mean by a flexi waste?

Anyway now I have the fancy loo its not as easy as I had hoped. The
spigot isnt dead straight in size and not a uniform 4" or whatever, it
seems to be a bit fatter at the toilet body end and tapering off to
about 4" where it meets the flexi waste. This is a nightmare is it
hardly pushes on to the spigot at all (maybe 1 or 2 cms max). I dont
want to risk flushing the loo with it only on by this much is there a
solution for these non standard toilet with less than helpful
outlets ???

It meant to be a tight fit for obvious reasons :-)

I've never found a non standard toilet. They all seem to be the same.

I have tried smearing with silicon grease etc and it goes on a bit
better but then flies off the moment you let go

Not pushed in far enough possibly.

I have also now (probably had a mare with this bit) tried smearing
plumbers mait all over it thinking its sticky and might hold it on
better :-(

Not the right thing for the job IMO.

Any chance of a picky of the flexi waste?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

You could well have a problem with your flexi pan connector if it is a
straight one that is a little on the short side and you are trying to turn
it 90 degrees onto the pan spigot.

There are 90 deg flexi connectors available if this is the case.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Hi gents, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here.

I have a flexi 4" standard waste attached to our soilstack by a
plumber months ago all ready for me to fit new toilet etc when I
eventually bought one (now I have it and am trying to fit it) He said
it would be easy and I just need to push the loo to the wall and make
sure the (spigot I think its called) is pushed firmly into the flexi
waste and bingo - job done

Flexible toilet waste pipes are crap.
I have only tried one, so maybe I had a bad experience, but I didnt like
the look of them, and it was a last resort in my buying/fitting it.
It was ****. As you say, it is flexible, but not flexible enough to hold
onto the pan outlet, without the flexi bit pulling the sealed end off.

Are you really sure there are no suitable solid pipe fittings that could
be used in place of it?
Of the short connectors, offset, bent and straight are readily available
at most plumbers merchants. More complicated ones are available from the
better suppliers.
I did one 2 weeks ago, where the 'Plumb Centre' sold me the flexi pipe.
Unbeknown to me that day, they were clueless.
I'd replaced an old toilet, with separate cistern, with a new close
coupled one. The old one sat away from the rear wall by around 30cm. The
new one was maybe 15cm from the wall. The rear of the pan, was virtually
touching the edge of the soil pipe. Thats why the flexi pipe was
suggested as "it'll be the only way you can get that to fit".
In my normal Mercahnts the next day, I told them of my problem, and they
got out an inverted 'P' shaped one, that fitted straight on.

Download this .pdf for a look at some of the shapes available:
http://www.floplast.co.uk/uploads/en..._wc_connectors
..pdf

How is yours located?
Is it a rear exit from the pan? i.e, does the pan exit come out level
with the floor, so needs a 90 degree bend to go down?
If so, you will need a 90deg. adaptor.
Where is the soil stack in realtion to the pan?

Alan.