Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can anyone recommend a PIR sensor for a light switch

Hi - I wanted to rig up a PIR type sensor for the landing to switch
the light on - in my kitchen I used the sensor from a halogen
floodlight which works pretty well.

Can anyone recommend a sensor - I guess it would be useful if it could
fit in the normal single switch space since it will look across the
landing rather than down on it and maybe the cat wont set it off!

And ideas on prices or other useful comments?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"405 TD Estate" wrote in message
Hi - I wanted to rig up a PIR type sensor for the landing to switch
the light on - in my kitchen I used the sensor from a halogen
floodlight which works pretty well.

Can anyone recommend a sensor - I guess it would be useful if it could
fit in the normal single switch space since it will look across the
landing rather than down on it and maybe the cat wont set it off!

And ideas on prices or other useful comments?

how about this for starters if a bit pricy...

http://www.allaboutelectrics.co.uk/d...BOVERRIDE.html

Jim A

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I had a look and that's exactly what I was after - the only problem as
you say is they will come out at nearly 50 quid each with VAT and
postage.

Hmmm what to do - I guess there's only 2 places I'd use them on the
top and bottom landing. The alternative is a £5 PIR designed for
outdoor use like the one I have set up in the kitchen which works
fairly well.

I think I should probably spend the cash...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"405 TD Estate" wrote in message
Hi - I wanted to rig up a PIR type sensor for the landing to switch
the light on - in my kitchen I used the sensor from a halogen
floodlight which works pretty well.

Can anyone recommend a sensor - I guess it would be useful if it could
fit in the normal single switch space since it will look across the
landing rather than down on it and maybe the cat wont set it off!

And ideas on prices or other useful comments?

Look on ebay,this guy sells them.

http://tinyurl.com/3af88y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
.uk...

"405 TD Estate" wrote in message
Hi - I wanted to rig up a PIR type sensor for the landing to switch
the light on - in my kitchen I used the sensor from a halogen
floodlight which works pretty well.

Can anyone recommend a sensor - I guess it would be useful if it could
fit in the normal single switch space since it will look across the
landing rather than down on it and maybe the cat wont set it off!

And ideas on prices or other useful comments?

Look on ebay,this guy sells them.

http://tinyurl.com/3af88y

Damn,wrong link for buy it now...
http://tinyurl.com/34473o

£15

Turning 3 way light switch into 1 motion sensor switch [email protected] Home Repair 6 July 19th 07 06:03 PM
Three way motion sensor switch [email protected] Home Repair 13 February 20th 07 09:15 PM
Sensor light Dinah Home Repair 9 February 3rd 06 12:25 PM
Proximity switch/sensor testing? Alistair Ross Electronics Repair 3 March 17th 05 02:51 PM
Best occupancy sensor light switch (wall) Pat Coghlan Home Ownership 6 September 22nd 04 11:41 PM