Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default anyone fixed a mira realm shower control?

In laws inherited this ghastly gold plated lump of now completely
chalked up and very expensive shower mixer.

At 500 quid for a new un, its a good thing you can get spares..

the question is WHICH spares..

The lever thingy goes round and round in one direction only.

Its off the wall waiting for me to collect and dismantle..any pointers
gratefully received

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:08:49 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Its off the wall waiting for me to collect and dismantle..any pointers
gratefully received

Spares breakdown at
http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-sp...mira-realm.htm if its
any help.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

In laws inherited this ghastly gold plated lump of now completely
chalked up and very expensive shower mixer.

At 500 quid for a new un, its a good thing you can get spares..

the question is WHICH spares..

The lever thingy goes round and round in one direction only.

Its off the wall waiting for me to collect and dismantle..any pointers
gratefully received

I tried to take apart a similar looking shower mixer a few weeks ago,
and failed miserably.
It was so corroded and coated in limescale, that I could not even get it
dismantled.I got 3 tiny circlips off, as well as the knobs, but there
was no way I could get out the main body, as it was so tight.

I gave up, and went and bought a new shower mixer, which looked so much
better than the thing I had removed.
Alan.

Mira 415 Shower Backplate John UK diy 0 August 21st 07 10:19 AM
I need some advice on my Mira 415 shower Iwan UK diy 6 July 6th 06 01:19 PM
Mira 415 Shower Steve7474 UK diy 7 September 22nd 05 06:33 PM
Ungumming a Mira shower Andy Mabbett UK diy 6 July 29th 04 07:37 PM
Mira Shower Query Rakster UK diy 1 May 26th 04 02:05 PM