Andy Mabbett

Default Ungumming a Mira shower

I have a Mira shower, which has stopped working - it's reduced to a
trickle, and the "low pressure" warning light is on.

I have been advised that a valve inside the shower is probably blocked
by a crumb of crud, or furred up (the former is probably more likely, as
I'm in Birmingham, and our water is very soft).

Which bit do I need to clean, and how?

I have put two pictures at:

http://www.pigsonthewing.org.uk/Mira1.jpg

http://www.pigsonthewing.org.uk/Mira2.jpg

(about 50Kb each) and would be delighted if someone would like to
PhotoShop an arrow or suchlike, showing what needs doing - don't be
afraid of patronising me, I know next-to-nothing about plumbing.

Thank you.

--
Andy Mabbett
"The Internet is a reflection of our society[ ...]. If we do not like what we
Pete C

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:42:09 +0100, Andy Mabbett
wrote:

I have a Mira shower, which has stopped working - it's reduced to a
trickle, and the "low pressure" warning light is on.

I have been advised that a valve inside the shower is probably blocked
by a crumb of crud, or furred up (the former is probably more likely, as
I'm in Birmingham, and our water is very soft).

Which bit do I need to clean, and how?

I have put two pictures at:

http://www.pigsonthewing.org.uk/Mira1.jpg

http://www.pigsonthewing.org.uk/Mira2.jpg

(about 50Kb each) and would be delighted if someone would like to
PhotoShop an arrow or suchlike, showing what needs doing - don't be
afraid of patronising me, I know next-to-nothing about plumbing.

Thank you.

Hi,

Is there better flow through the shower with the hose off?

cheers,
Pete.
Andy Mabbett

In message , Pete C
writes
Is there better flow through the shower with the hose off?

No. I should also mention that water pressure to the taps in the
bathroom (the same room) is fine.
--
Andy Mabbett
"The Internet is a reflection of our society[ ...]. If we do not like what we
see in that mirror the problem is not to fix the mirror, we have to fix
society." Vint Cerf
Pete C

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:59:45 +0100, Andy Mabbett
wrote:

In message , Pete C
writes
Is there better flow through the shower with the hose off?

No. I should also mention that water pressure to the taps in the
bathroom (the same room) is fine.

Hi,

There might be a strainer on the inlet which has got clogged, or the
heater needs descaling.

Try the Mira website and search for descaling and/or the model of your
shower:

http://www.mirashowers.com/
http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-p=all&sp-a=sp10023848&sp-p=any&sp-f=ISO-8859-1&sp-q=descaling&x=13&y=7

cheers,
Pete.
Andy Mabbett

In message , Pete C
writes
There might be a strainer on the inlet which has got clogged, or the
heater needs descaling.

Try the Mira website and search for descaling and/or the model of your
shower:

Thank you. I can't find a model number on the unit (it was installed
when I moved here, and I don't have any paperwork). It's an 8.5Kw
"Sport", which doesn't seem to be made anymore, and the current "Sport"
models have a different style.
--
Andy Mabbett
"The Internet is a reflection of our society[ ...]. If we do not like what we
see in that mirror the problem is not to fix the mirror, we have to fix
society." Vint Cerf

Pete C

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:57:31 +0100, Andy Mabbett
wrote:

Thank you. I can't find a model number on the unit (it was installed
when I moved here, and I don't have any paperwork). It's an 8.5Kw
"Sport", which doesn't seem to be made anymore, and the current "Sport"
models have a different style.

Hi,

Try emailing them details and a picture, they should have a manual for
your shower on file, or use the manual for the current Sport:

http://www.mirashowers.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/p3278_4a.pdf

The way to remove the heater tank should be pretty much the same. It
might even be possible to descale the heater tank in situ.

Also have a look through Google Groups:

http://groups.google.com/groups?&q=d...+shower+heater

cheers,
Pete.
Andy Mabbett

In message , Pete C
writes
shower

Thanks for all your advice. The shower's now working (I'm looking
forward to using it again in the morning!) after I flushed the heating
tank with descaling liquid. Better than Mira's insistence that they
should send out an engineer, at GBP 55 (plus parts) - the descaling
stuff cost me 1.85! ;-)

Mira Shower Query Rakster UK diy 1 May 26th 04 02:05 PM
Mira 415 shower mixer unit or any Mira shower mixer unit Mr Blue Skye UK diy 7 January 19th 04 08:36 PM
Mira Shower Problems dave cunningham UK diy 2 January 9th 04 05:23 PM