Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So I'm offensive

but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

You're brutally blunt, but I've never found any of your posts to be
offensive -- bloody funny most of the time, heh.

Offensiveness is obviously a subjective thing, though -- I can see how
some god-squadding type would be offended, but that's their problem, innit?

Styx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
writes

but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

If it's re. your premature 'hot water bottle' then no.

--
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , geoff
writes

but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

A bit quick.

In other groups this might make you a target for trolls.

A touch more humour?

Otherwise carry on saying what I just think:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 13, 12:59 am, geoff wrote:
but am I too offensive
Do I overstep the mark ?
geoff

No. Please keep it up.

And don't ever give in to god-bothering numb-nuts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
geoff wrote:
but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

Absolutely. It's very remiss of you being unkind to dribble.

--
*Change is inevitable ... except from vending machines *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Dec, 00:59, geoff wrote:
but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

--
geoff

No, and I'm with Stephen Fry on this one:

http://www.mediawatchwatch.org.uk/?p=366

;-)

Regards
Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , geoff
writes

but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

Compared to last year you're positively charming :-)

It takes all sorts to make a group and I'm glad you're part of this one.

Don't forget the DPWP* rule.

* Don't Post While ****'d (Drunk that is)
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:59:25 +0000, geoff wrote:

but am I too offensive

I'm worried about you thatyou're even asking, geoff ;-)

but shirley, the question is are you offending the right people?

--
John Stumbles

This message has been rot13 encrypted twice for added security
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:59:25 +0000, geoff wrote:

but am I too offensive

I'm worried about you thatyou're even asking, geoff ;-)

but shirley, the question is are you offending the right people?

Shirley, one is duty bound to offend the WRONG people...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

Maxie, you are a breath of fresh air.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:59:25 GMT Geoff wrote :
but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

TBH yes. There are people of here of various beliefs and none but in
the context of this group what they do or don't believe is
irrelevant. The notion that some spammer may read your response and
be overcome with guilt and instantly mends his ways is deeply
touching; using it as an excuse to attack all of us who do hold to
one belief or another but would not dream of using this group to
promote it oversteps the mark IMO,

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geo Geo is offline

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:59:25 GMT, geoff wrote:

Do I overstep the mark ?

Not for me - I always read your responses to the spamming nutters...

Geo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

but am I too offensive

not usually... there are plenty worse about.

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

Yes in the sense that you replied to a spammer, which seems pointless on
two counts: there is next to no chance the originator will ever read it,
and for the rest of us with ISPs that filter the crap from the
newsfeed, we now get to see it in the first place rather than being
blissfully ignorant of the original spam.

Sending abuse reports to the spammers ISP or upstream connectivity
provider would be less entertaining, but possibly slightly less
ineffective.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote in
:

but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

Only in the fact that you persist in responding to every
single spammer and Islamic ****wit post
as if they ever read or even care about your insults
and thus perpetuating even more OT crap from similar posters
with keyboard diarrhoea.

HTH
HAND

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Dec, 00:59, geoff wrote:
but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

--
geoff

I would defend your right to say watever you think - I believe in free
speech.

However, I think your comments Jesus were deliberately provocative
and designed to offend. Personally, I don't think it does you any
favours and tarnishes the hugely entertaining and helpful advice you
give.

Jon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

I don't think you're offensive, a bit of a single minded, condescending tool
perhaps.

Anyway you are generating a fan club in here it seems so well done, you must
be very proud!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 13, 12:59 am, geoff wrote:
but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

--
geoff

Well .............................. I thought this comment (below) to
me a few threads ago was harsh and unnecessary. If I had been young &
sensitive it might have put me off this group! Everyone has to start
somewhere and we don't want to frighten people off. Incidentally I'm
still a "clueless google groupie". I couldn't find a coherent
explanation anywhere on the net about newsreaders. i.e. how to get
one! I'm only interested if they are free. Can you recommend one?

"Only for the clueless google groupies

If you are not using the right tool for the job, it's a bit silly
making
generalised statements which don't apply to normal people

for those of us using a newsreader, you normally set the expiry
(usually
a couple of days)"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...up_access_tips

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:59:25 +0000, geoff wrote:

but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

I haven't seen the offending thread it was probably one of those crazy
spam ones which I just skip over.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

The only thing I find offensive about you is the smell.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Styx
writes
geoff wrote:
but am I too offensive
I know I'm not one to hold back
I say what I think
Do I overstep the mark ?

You're brutally blunt, but I've never found any of your posts to be
offensive -- bloody funny most of the time, heh.

So, having read the various replies, maybe I should be a bit less
aggressive, and restrain myself where bloody spammers are involved.

It is important sometimes to get an idea of where you stand

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
geoff wrote:

but am I too offensive

I know I'm not one to hold back

I say what I think

Do I overstep the mark ?

The only thing I find offensive about you is the smell.

This man is clearly barking and not a breath of fresh air.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:33:35 -0800 (PST) Kent wrote :
Incidentally I'm still a "clueless google groupie".
I couldn't find a coherent explanation anywhere on the net about
newsreaders. i.e. how to get one! I'm only interested if they
are free. Can you recommend one?

Virtual Access is free and does a great job. You can find it at
http://www.virtual-access.org . I am using 5.51 - when I checked (a
long while back) 6.0 didn't have spell checking, so I would stick
with the earlier version.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tony Bryer
writes
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:33:35 -0800 (PST) Kent wrote :
Incidentally I'm still a "clueless google groupie".
I couldn't find a coherent explanation anywhere on the net about
newsreaders. i.e. how to get one! I'm only interested if they
are free. Can you recommend one?

Virtual Access is free and does a great job. You can find it at
http://www.virtual-access.org . I am using 5.51 - when I checked (a
long while back) 6.0 didn't have spell checking, so I would stick
with the earlier version.

Checking a few minutes ago, you're correct but there is hope - "Spell
Checker and Dictionary (probably available before the end of 2007)" but
no mention of it on the News pages.

--
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:32:07 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

I haven't seen the offending thread it was probably one of those crazy
spam ones which I just skip over.

OK I've just read the thread (Jesus in the quran) and it was one of the
more entertaining OT religious nutter spam threads for a while. Keep up
the good work all concerned. :-)

--
John Stumbles

I've got nothing against racists - I just wouldn't want my daughter to marry one
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote in
:

geoff wrote:
but am I too offensive
I know I'm not one to hold back
I say what I think

So, having read the various replies, maybe I should be a bit

less
aggressive, and restrain myself where bloody spammers are

involved.

So that lasted 3days until you had to respond to some Islamic
crap spam
again.

It is important sometimes to get an idea of where you stand

In the bozo bin now
*PLONKer*

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
writes
geoff wrote in
:

geoff wrote:
but am I too offensive
I know I'm not one to hold back
I say what I think

So, having read the various replies, maybe I should be a bit

less
aggressive, and restrain myself where bloody spammers are

involved.

So that lasted 3days until you had to respond to some Islamic
crap spam
again.

It is important sometimes to get an idea of where you stand

In the bozo bin now
*PLONKer*

Who's this dickhead ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

So that lasted 3days until you had to respond to some Islamic crap spam
again.

Apart from being too stupid to use a newsreader, who the **** are you
and why should anyone care what you "think"?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 14, 12:07 am, Tony Bryer wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:33:35 -0800 (PST) Kent wrote :

Incidentally I'm still a "clueless google groupie".
I couldn't find a coherent explanation anywhere on the net about
newsreaders. i.e. how to get one! I'm only interested if they
are free. Can you recommend one?

Virtual Access is free and does a great job. You can find it athttp://www.virtual-access.org. I am using 5.51 - when I checked (a
long while back) 6.0 didn't have spell checking, so I would stick
with the earlier version.

I'm pleased to say that I am no longer a "clueless google groupie" !
I downloaded VA but had some problems with it, but now I have set up
the Windows Mail newsreader & this works OK. You may wonder why I
hadn't done this before. It's because I don't use Windows Mail for my
emails, using Yahoo instead and Yahoo doesn't appear to allow me to
read any non-yahoo news groups. Anyway I feel very pleased to have
lost the clueless tag. Now I can join the happy band of those who
mock others for accessing this ng through google!!