Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where is the expansion vessel valve on ideal response boiler???

Hi,

Anyone know where the valve is located on the CH expansion vessel
on an ideal response boiler, I need to check the pressure and the manual
appears not to show its location,

many thanks

nige

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Block wrote:

Hi,

Anyone know where the valve is located on the CH expansion vessel
on an ideal response boiler, I need to check the pressure and the
manual appears not to show its location,

many thanks

nige

You presumably mean the valve for checking/topping up the air pressure? I
don't know where it is, but it will look very much like a a car tyre valve.
If you look (and/or feel) all round the vessel, it shouldn't be too hard to
find.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

thanks for reply,

will have another thorough look around, its just difficult with
the thing in situ

nige

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
Block wrote:

Hi,

Anyone know where the valve is located on the CH expansion vessel
on an ideal response boiler, I need to check the pressure and the
manual appears not to show its location,

many thanks

nige

You presumably mean the valve for checking/topping up the air pressure? I
don't know where it is, but it will look very much like a a car tyre
valve. If you look (and/or feel) all round the vessel, it shouldn't be too
hard to find.
--
Cheers,
Roger
______
PLEASE REPLY TO NEWSGROUP!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Block" wrote in message
Hi,

Anyone know where the valve is located on the CH expansion vessel
on an ideal response boiler, I need to check the pressure and the manual
appears not to show its location,

many thanks

nige

Are you sure it has one? If it is an open vented system then it may have
been omitted.

Do you have a filling loop or a header tank?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:37:21 +0000, John wrote:

"Block" wrote in message
Hi,

Anyone know where the valve is located on the CH expansion vessel on an
ideal response boiler, I need to check the pressure and the manual
appears not to show its location,

many thanks

nige

Are you sure it has one? If it is an open vented system then it may have
been omitted.

Do you have a filling loop or a header tank?

Yes it a combi and combis (always?) are sealed systems.
If you are sure the problem is the vessel then why not make a repair or
work around as per the FAQ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Block" wrote in message
Hi,

Anyone know where the valve is located on the CH expansion vessel on an
ideal response boiler, I need to check the pressure and the manual
appears not to show its location,

many thanks

nige

Are you sure it has one? If it is an open vented system then it may have
been omitted.

Do you have a filling loop or a header tank?

Yes it a combi and combis (always?) are sealed systems.
If you are sure the problem is the vessel then why not make a repair or
work around as per the FAQ?

When you say repair do you mean install another vessel in the pipe work??
I dont fancy replacing the existing one as it necessitates removal of boiler
from frame.
I will probably do a work around as per your FAQ, how long is this useable
untill
i get around to replacing the boiler?

many thanks for your replies,

nige

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Block" wrote in message
Hi,

Anyone know where the valve is located on the CH expansion vessel on an
ideal response boiler, I need to check the pressure and the manual
appears not to show its location,

many thanks

nige

Are you sure it has one? If it is an open vented system then it may have
been omitted.

Do you have a filling loop or a header tank?

Yes it a combi and combis (always?) are sealed systems.
If you are sure the problem is the vessel then why not make a repair or
work around as per the FAQ?

My Combi is open vented and open flued. I have a header tank (Worcester
Heatslave HiFlow )

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Block" wrote in message
[...]

How long the boiler has will depend on whether the dreaded main heat
exchanger leaks have started yet.

The life expectancy of a Response 120 is pretty short.
Your best bet is to run it on maximum, keep as many TRVs on max as
possible and use the main wall thermostat to control the system.

Also consider adding an open bypass between the flow and return to get
the return water above 60C as quickly as possible.

The trouble is that the boiler is apt to condense and it just can't
handle the condensate.

The first sign of trouble may well be an ignition failure and lockout.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Block" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks again for your replies Ed.

the dreaded HE leak hasn't started yet but i am ready for it this time
( few cans of beer and the samaritans number by my side).

cheers
nige