Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Leaking mixer tap

I have a brass Barber Wilsons swan neck kitchen mixer tap, which leaks at
the base of the swan neck. I have unscrewed the securing nut, to reveal two
semi-circles of brass, which fit into a groove around the base of the
swan-neck (the part which rotates). The semi-circles are about 170 degrees,
rather than 180 degrees, so there is a small gap between their ends on each
side. I couldn't persuade the swan-neck to separate from the base of the
tap assembly, though I didn't force it, but there did not appear to be
anything else resembling a washer.

I cleaned all the parts with some wire wool (there was quite a lot of scale
on the semi-circular brass half-rings) and reassembled, but it still leaks
when the water flows.

Any suggestions, please?
--
Bob

openSUSE 10.3, Kernel 2.6.22.5-31-default, KDE 3.5.7 r72
Intel Celeron 2.53GB, 2GB DDR RAM, nVidia GeForce 7600GS
Posted to uk.d-i-y
DIY DIY is offline

"Bob" wrote:
[...]

Contact customer support? http://barwil.co.uk/about_us.htm

I'm puzzled about my leaking roof. It's not leaking like a leak should leak. Daniel Cullpeppper Home Repair 10 April 30th 06 04:16 AM
Leaking Thermostatic Shower mixer peter UK diy 0 January 12th 06 10:09 PM
Leaking mono mixer tap Catriona UK diy 4 January 10th 06 06:26 PM
Leaking Mono Mixer Tap Catriona Home Repair 2 January 10th 06 01:35 PM
Mixer tap valve leaking Jeremy Goff UK diy 0 July 26th 04 04:22 PM