Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heating Help

I have a Thermflow Thermal system, run by an ideal boiler. Today, I had to
drain down the system in order to replace two radiators with towel
radiators, and replace a small radiator with a slightly larger one.

I drained down, replaced associated fittings, and refilled the system. The
hot water is fine, however, for some strange reason, when only the heating
is powered on, the boiler will not fire up, and theres no error code
showing, only a "0" so I assume that its not even attempting to fire up. I
have heated the hot water up, and I can't for the life of me understand,
with both heating and hot water on, the radiators are heating up perfectly.

The room stat is to its highest setting, and by the point of the "click".
But still no "Call for heat" is happening with the heating.

Any ideas?

Regards

SantaUK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"SantaUK" wrote in message
I have a Thermflow Thermal system, run by an ideal boiler. Today, I had to
drain down the system in order to replace two radiators with towel
radiators, and replace a small radiator with a slightly larger one.

I drained down, replaced associated fittings, and refilled the system.
The hot water is fine, however, for some strange reason, when only the
heating is powered on, the boiler will not fire up, and theres no error
code showing, only a "0" so I assume that its not even attempting to fire
up. I have heated the hot water up, and I can't for the life of me
understand, with both heating and hot water on, the radiators are heating
up perfectly.

The room stat is to its highest setting, and by the point of the "click".
But still no "Call for heat" is happening with the heating.

Any ideas?

If the thermal store a DHW only to store?
Is it heated directly or through a coil?
Are the radiators taken off the store?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Nov, 00:25, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"SantaUK" wrote in message

[...]

You fuken idiot, you realy need to understant how these things work
before you try to answere. Go back to the knitting groupes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:12:44 -0000, "SantaUK" wrote:

[...]

This sounds like you have a 3 port valve, one out feeding the
Thernflow and the other out feeding the CH. If so then you most likely
need a new valve.

Keith
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"SantaUK" wrote in message

[...]

Another brain of Briatin who needs to eff off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"SantaUK" wrote in message

[...]

Could your boiler perhaps fail to start if the water pressure is low? Is
your system fully bled of air? My pump is at a local 'high' point and had
to be bled by loosening the big bleed screw on the top. If I did it whilst
stationary it just didn't let enough out - only whilst the pump was running.
When the fizzling stopped I closed it again and the heating sprang to life.
Of course, you may need to bleed at a different point.
Phil